1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustration

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Starshine16, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Starshine16

I broke up with my first gf about 2 weeks ago and she is still texting me and leaving me messages on Facebook saying that she loves me and she calls me sweetie or baby in the texts and I am really getting frustrated.She texts me a ton throughout the day and I just want to tell her to back off but we were best friends before we were anything else so I am reluctant to be mean to her.She knows that I am interested in another girl and she is sooo jealous about that.I told her that she will find someone and forget all about me and she said that she will never stop loving me and that she could never forget me.

I think she fell for me too fast and that's why she is still acting the way she is now,because she doesn't believe it's over.

I don't want to be rude or hurt her more than I already have so how do I deal with the situation without being rude or hurting her feelings?

2. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    hmm well i think either way she will be hurt if she loves you that much but all you can do is explain how you feel and that it's not gonna happen with you 2 again and she should move on maybe give her some space and just don't see/talk to her for a few day's let her get you out of her system

Brake up's can be a tricky situation but in the run it's better if your not right for each other and i'm sure she will see that (*hug*) good luck xxxxx

3. techie01

Right I agree with Carrie on this one, you were best friends before but it matured into a relationship which is kinda hard to go back to friendship after that. I suggest maybe sitting her down and talking to her, maybe as an ultimatium saying you know what we tried it, it didn't work we can either a) move back to best friends or b) nothing at all. Its hard but you can do it! In a nice way of course good luck!!!

4. Starshine16

I already sat her down and said that I really wanted us to try and get back to being best friends and she said that she would really try to do that...She isn't trying very hard though...

5. Jim1454

Being 'best friends' means different things to her than it does to you, perhaps.

You'll have to set some clear boundries. "Please don't call me baby or sweetie. Call me Starshine16." And if she can't abide by those, then you'll have to let her know what the consequences will be - no communication at all.