1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Psych!, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Psych!

Psych! Guest

well i dunno what's going on, but im not sure what i am right now (str8, bi, gay, etc.) and it's getting on my last nerve right now. i've always liked girls and had a few crushes while growing up, but now that im a teen, i dunno what i want. eventhough i still like girls and everything, i don't feel the same way my friends do and feel kind of uncomfortable when they talk about girls. it's like all this time i have lost interest in girls :bang: i grew up in an extremely homophobic enviroment where everyone i know says that gay people a disguisting people with sick minds and that they are going to burn in hell, all those things that homophobes make up, personally i dont feel that way, but those thought make things even worse for me. it's kinda hard to grow up the way i feel in a place like this.

to make things even worse, my parents, especially my mom, are very homophobic. they make fun of everyone that acts gay or metrosexually (like guy that tweeze or wax their eyebrows or shave their legs). so talking to them is completely out of the question. my mom even told me that i should never turn gay or else, so that scared the :***: out of me.

i have no idea where to turn to so i can sort things out and finally decide what i am. i would really appreciate any advice and/or help.

thanx

2. CrimsonThunder

Hey there, as long as you yourself know that homosexuality is not wrong or disgusting then you need not worry what other people think.

I think you'll find alot of people in their younger years went through the liking girl stage, its because its what we think we're ment to do then we realise what we really want.

Welcome to EC. (*hug*)

3. Psych!

Psych! Guest

thanx 4 the welcome :thumbsup:

the thing is that eventhough i know its wrong, i don't know what to do and i'm scared of what might happen.

and something i forgot to say what that to top it all off, i'm gonna go to a new school so i'm gonna be completely alone :icon_sad:

4. CrimsonThunder

I think you made a typo there. =P

What are you afraid about happening?

New school is hard and scary at first, but the people could be nice and you could get friends straight away. Just be yourself and you'll see what happens.

Where you from?

5. Psych!

Psych! Guest

my bad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: oh well

as for being afraid, it might be that i could be gay or bi (still dunno), and if i am i would be afraid of rejection and possible humiliation if anyone ever found out

the thing is that i have been at this school for 10 years, so being the new kid isn't easy. another thing is that my school skipped me a grade and everyone hates the smart kid, even though i'm more of the high B-low A's kinda guy.

and im from PR, so moving to the US is kinda hard

6. CrimsonThunder

Be proud. =P Im a low C person. ;_;

And try not to think about your sexuality too much, thinking can make it more difficult.

7. Gera-Kun

well, just let time pass by. and reflect your feelings about it in your head. thing'll work out for you, at least i hope. I'm behind you, man! Whatever your desicions take you out as!

8. Psych!

Psych! Guest

thanx, to both of you, 'cause i really don't know what to do and I've been stressing a lot about this. (*hug*)

9. Gera-Kun

(*hug*) yeah., no worries. if you ever do tell your parents, tell them about P-FLAG. that'll probably help lots. and if you don't, we'll all understand.

10. Psych!

Psych! Guest

if i am gay or bi, i don't think i should tell them, they wouldn't understand, i know that for sure :bang:

11. Gera-Kun

ok. just reflect upon it. i'm sure the answer will come.just remember that god loves you no matter what the bible or churches say. (Sorry for bringing religion up)

12. Psych!

Psych! Guest

no worries, but I don't know why people say stuff like this, cause i saw it and it made me feel like :***:

[​IMG]

i believe that God loves everyone the same but it's hard growing up somewhere where everyone is extremely homophobic, both in my neighborhood and school. i'm very confused and actually scared of what can happen. so i dunno if i'll ever be comfortable with what might happen.

13. Gera-Kun

whoa. yeah, i hate ppl like that. yeah, i understand how you're feeling. if you do come out like that, look for a GSA group near by. i can't find one here, so i'm gonna see if the school would let me make a GSA club. just remember no matter what, you have friends that understand you, even though it's just on the computer.

14. Psych!

Psych! Guest

thanx, btw is the GSA the Gay/Strait Alliance?

15. Gera-Kun

yeah. and P-Flag is somthing similar. stands for Parents, families and Friends of Lesbians And Gays.

16. Psych!

Psych! Guest

ok, cause i think the school i'm going to this year has a GSA

17. Gera-Kun

cool. and just in case, go in as a supporting straight to begin with, or just simply say that you're confused. but it's your decision.

18. Psych!

Psych! Guest

yeah, but since i don't know the school, i dunno if everyone there is considered gay even if they're supporting straits

19. Gera-Kun

well, wait a few days or weeks to find out. and if the coast is clear, join if you want.

20. Psych!

Psych! Guest

will do, but the fear is still there :help: