1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motivation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Steve, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    i have never been motivated to do anything

im not motivated to practise for my exams or anything at all i can find millions of reason to be motivated but nothing

even for driving lessons im not motivated just
    i dont know :frowning2:

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Lol yeah same here I want to get a driving license but.. I don't know I just feel like i can't be asked, I want to have one though, I'll eventually get one, I just have an lazy attitude.

3. Mickey

Sometimes people can mix up laziness and depression.
    When you're depressed,it's very hard to get motivated.
    Just make sure you're not confusing the two.
    Maybe look up some facts on depression and see if it fits you,at all.
    All you have to do is google depression. Many sites have questioneers
    to help you decide if you're dealing with being depressed.
    I'm certainly not saying that what's going on,is depression,but at least you can rule it out. And if it is,there is a lot of help out there.
    All the best to you.

4. Starshine16

Me too.I want to get my license but I am just so lazy that I don't feel like doing the legwork to get it.

5. mcpacker

mcpacker Guest

You need to have your own reason for doing things. When you find your own individual reason for doing things motivation will usually follow.

Think less and you will do more.

6. Greggers

This.

I came here to basically post that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It could also be a hormone issue. Not too likely, but if you have hypothyroidism you will have a hard time finding the motivation to get up and go do things.

Some symptoms are:

- Loss of energy
    - Very picky food pallet.
    - Over-sleeping
    - Lack of motivation
    - Wanting to be alone alot

I always try to post this if i see someone who may have the symptoms because even though its not too common, its common enough. If you want to get tested for this its as easy as getting one small vial of blood taken and sampled. Drawing the blood (atleast here) is a 5 minute visit to a clinic and a one week wait for results to your family doctor. Very simple process. The treatment is taking one pill every morning (for the rest of your life :frowning2:)

....but also, what Mickey said :slight_smile:

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I THINK I may have it ..........I'll take a test when I get the time Fingers crossed!!!
    thx btw for letting us know this exists! :]

8. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not necessarily depression. Everyone has one or more vices to call their own, and sloth might just be yours.

I tend find it hard to motivate myself for some things too. What usually helps for me is to paint myself into a corner. To make sure other people have an investment in what I'm doing as well and they'll be disappointed in me if I don't finish something. Having other people be disappointed in me is probably my bigest fear, so that's my ultimate motivation. (unfortunately that means I'm in a constant state of low-level panic, but that's another story).

I'm guessing that sometimes it's best to just find something you would hate to lose or hate to have happen, and link it to what you should be motivated for.

9. No One

...Fine I'm going to give advice anyway.

Ok find something that drives you like a college you want to go to. Some times its hard to be motivated. Sometimes i want to just stop trying so hard in school, but then i wouldnt have a 4.0, so i think about how i want my parents to be proud of me (for once) and how i want to go to Boston University which im going to need a major scholarship and really good grades to make it.

Just find something that drives you.

10. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else

i think i might have this

11. Starshine16

Several months ago I was tested for hyperthyroidism because I exhibted several of the above signs and my bloodwork came back fine.We never really did figure out why I was exhibiting those symptoms though...