1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! how do i get guys to notice me? :S

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by shyguy92, Aug 23, 2009.

1. shyguy92

shyguy92 Guest

Im one of those guys that are neither too feminine or too macho- so its hard to tell if im gay or not. And i always have the fear that if it try to flirt i might get rejected or find out its a straight guy (and get totally embarassed). :icon_redf

Any tips on how hone my gaydar and to flirt well?

Also is there any way to make myself 'more open'- without having to wear pink shirts and flop my wrists.:lol:

2. Holmes

I'm much the same, without a very well-honed gaydar, most wouldn't really suspect. And I have no particular fondness for pink and I don't style my hair, or whatever. I'd say the best is just through hints about being gay. Post a gay-related item on Facebook, become a fan there of some really hot actor, go to a gaybar. Drop hints if you're talking to someone you like, if you're talking about Inglourious Basterds, you could say you really liked how Brad Pitt looked in something else.

It is hard though. I don't like to say to someone I like, "You know I'm gay?". Number one, in the liberal college environment I'm in, it's no issue at all, so why should I be making that big a deal of it. Number two, saying it to someone who's also gay, to someone I don't know that well, and am kind of flirting with, it's like saying straight out, "I'm interested in you", when it might be too soon to make a move.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've found it's simpler just to be more social, period. Instead of tracking down guys with one goal in mind ("boyfriend material!"), go meet people - male AND female - and see what happens. Many might simply not click with you, and that's fine. Others you might form some connection with - on an acquaintance or friendship level. If you get some sort of vague hint that a guy might be gay, feel free to let him know. You don't have to say "I'm gay" in so many words. You can say "I've been hoping to get find a boyfriend, but haven't had much luck yet" or "This isn't the best town to be in to find a boyfriend" or something along those lines.

Lex

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    a chance of getting burned when you flirt is just part of the game.
    Nothing ventured nothing gained.

5. certified Hotti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg i totally get wat ur saying. I never knew what to do in those situtations, like some guys look straight but end up being gay and i totally kick myself bcus i kudve had the chance to flirt. I just tend to b very shy around guys i find attractive, so i just avoid flirting, (and believe me it kills me). I wish i was just more open, as u said, to let guys know im gay as well, or for guys to b more open so I know that they r gay or bi. Im just really afraid of flirting with a str8 guy by accident. :confused:

6. cicciux

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All I can say is Truth Takes Time (sorry, just finished an Alias marathon). It was not so long ago that I was asking the same question myself... and in time your gaydar will become more accurate. In the meantime, becoming more social is a good way to start. Who knows, you may actually make a friend or two.

Another way to avoid this is going out to gay bars/pubs/clubs chances are most of the men there are gay... so you can practice your flirting skills with them. And don't worry if you don't do great... not EVERYBODY will like you. But as everything... it takes practice.

For instance, I don't really like it when a guy comes over and acts all indecisive. Then again, I don't like it when they try to take control either. They need to be smooth, gentle, care for what I say/want but not wait around for me to take the initiative (at least not always, sometimes I like to act first). And for someone to get to a place where they feel comfortable enough to act like that, it takes experience and a lot of rejection (so you know you can survive it pretty well).

7. shorty

Eyes do it for me. There is very few people that I will hold extended eye contact with. Most guys I don't tend to look in their eyes at all. The couple of guys I have crushed on, extended eye contact has turned me weak in the knees. Its cliche, but I have absolutely had the "wanted to dive in" thing when looking into a couple of guys eyes.

8. BayeBorde

BayeBorde Guest

Well im not femenine but nor am i very masculine, i do tend to look goofy and once i entered high school people were curious of my sexuality but then it stopped and i look just like any other regular guy, if you dont know if someone is gay do what i do and open up, well im a hopeless romantic and i met this guy and i told him about myself and wht i like to do just regular guy stuff but in every word i said i smiled and he was impressed so he got the clue that i was gay, and so i gave him my number, so pretty much you gotta keep eye contact and tell stories about yourself, and apparently the guy ended up falling head over heels for me hahaha he was after me so bad and wanted me, i didnt flirt whatsoever, but he ended up being my stalker, this has also worked on another guy who ended up being my boyfriend but he was too closeted that he ignored me, sometimes if their closeted show that you can help them and you will gain their trust

9. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cool story bro.

That's a one in a million situation. The guy turned out to be your "Stalker" and you got lucky he was your "Stalker" You got Lucky.

Other then that, the general advice is to just meet people; see what happens. Don't go fishing for the perfect man or "Stalker"