1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think you spell his name Cole...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lucky Panda, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Lucky Panda

:grin: So, my first day of my sophomore year was GREAT! I have many classes with most of my friends, and even met some new people. One of which, stood out to me the most.

I think you spell his name Cole. :/ Pronounced like coal. Anywho, I met him in my Chemistry PAP class. I'll be honest; I think he's really cute. He plays basketball, too. I couldn't help but notice him (for, he sat beside me...) and glanced over in his direction most of the class. I'm not sure if anything's wrong, but he seems to fidget a lot, and at times, twitches a little. At first, I thought he was only nervous about the first day, but noticed it again later in Spanish.

Our first assignment for Spanish was to ask a partner questions to get to know them. Everyone was pairing up rather fast, and I felt bad for him, and asked to be his partner. :grin: He gladily accepted, and we asked each other questions. But... I felt really bad when I asked him the question: "Who's your best friend?" (I had to! It was on the assignment...) His answer was rather... depressing: "I don't think I have a best friend... Matter of fact, I don't have much friends..." Apperently, he moved from a local Christian school, and says he was getting bored of seeing the same people. I really felt bad for him, and wanted to hug him. ._. But I don't want to scare him away. If he went to Christian school, there's a good likelihood he dislikes homosexuality...

I know I want to befriend him. :grin: He likes Panic! At The Disco, and Chowder! ^_^ This wasn't much for advice, but for sharing purposes... But if you feel there is something that must be said, don't hesitate!

2. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Be who you are first, and don't tell him you're gay at least until November'ish-December.

If you want him to be a friend, then he has to know you first, but if he's against gays then he might just make you a stereotype before you could even say hello.

If he knows you before you're gay then if he doesn't want to be your friend then he was never was your friend to begin with. Sexuality doesn't define who you are as a person, but what you really are.

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, so far so good! Just keep talking and hopefully you have yourself a new friend (and he has himslf a new friend!)

And if he becomes a really good friend, you can still come out to him later. If he left Christian school, he might not have been all that fanatic to start with anyway. So there's still hope there.

4. Lucky Panda

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

5. Étoile

Yay! Go you. (*hug*)

Get to know him before sharing your life story with him. If he gay, yay! If not but accepting, yay too. If not accepting, maybe he'll turn around (no pun intended) after the initial shock wears.