1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDK how to Gaydar D:

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beachboi92, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Beachboi92

ok so there is this guy. He is really cute and cool but IDK if he is gay or bi or something.
    Here is what i got so far about him that kind of sets my gaydar off but i am not good with that sort of thing so i will leave it to some other peoples judgement and maybe advice about how to figure it out.
    1) he dumped a apparently very cute girlfriend and no one knows why and he doesn't say why
    2) He is always commenting to my older brothers GF to "take care of him" and "treat your man right" and such
    3) he is one of those guys that just looks to pretty xD
    4) he doesn't like to talk about girls and especially his now ex girlfriend at all
    5) he is a very affectionate drunk getting all happy and like hanging off people when hes drunk
    6)oh and he slaps my ass every time he walks by me in the hallways >_>

he seems to set stuff off with me but idk i am really bad at telling if people are. Also if there is any way i could maybe figure it out or other hints to look for i'd appreciate it. :slight_smile: thanks

#1 Beachboi92, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  2. Alex19

ooo..... sounds promising. if i were u i would tell him that i was gay. mayb youll b pleasently suprised :slight_smile: would u date him if he was?

3. grapevine fires

You could always try bringing up a GLBT topic and see how he reacts...

Or you could hit on him.... but personally I'd go with the former :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. 507bro

does he have a facebook and is his interest empty?
    btw most straight guys at my school likes to slap peoples
    arses

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The good thing is that none of this points in the direction of him being unequivocally straight.
    The bad thing is that nothing of it is proof of him being bi/gay.

Unfortunately there's not one failproof method of finding out sexuality. You'll just have to talk for him and look at hints like him occasionally following a cute guy with his eyes (or an absence of him following cute girls around), or you could bring up a GLBT topic and see how he reacts.
    If you feel really confident and he doesn't know this about you you could even mention you're bi and see how he reacts.

Even these hints are hardly proof, though...

6. Beachboi92

if he was gay or bi i'd be all over dating him so fast xD I was shown some not so promising information today unfortunately.
    Basically i am a senior and in my 3rd block class there are two girls i am sorta friends with and we have been leaving to go to lunch everyday. When we left we saw him and he was walking with a girl. she told him she loved him and walked off and he didn't say anything but did like a half hearted hug. Maybe i am just seeing what i want to but idk

also one of the girls i have been hanging out with is a lesbian. She has a very exceptional gaydar and in fact has thought i was gay since middle school when even i wasnt sure xD she said she only knew he was kind of a douche to her but she couldn't be sure. She did say it kind of set some things off when i told her about him but that he doesn't look like the kind of guy that would be open about it :frowning2:

idk what to do i dont want to tell him about me cause i dont know him to well. Plus i met him through my brother (he is in my grade though). IDK what to do and he is not the kind of person that would get caught in a lgbt related argument. Is there anything more subtle i can try?

#6 Beachboi92, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  7. Beachboi92

GOD I AM SO CONFUSED!!!! his facebook says he is in a relationship with a girl and interested in girls however he has been telling my brother and his friends they broke up and he doesn't want to get back together or anything and isn't interested in her. He also gets uncomfortable when talking about girls or her lately. And it appears he hasn't been on his profile lately to update. but i really feel i am just having way to high hopes :frowning2:

8. xjimmyx400

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You could always play the kinda chickeny move (which is what I always do haha) and have one of your friends talk to him and just have them report back to you.

9. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If he is bi or gay then he obviously not ready to come out. Leave him be.

10. PJ James

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    internet, alot less embarrasing and easier for him if he isn't ready to come out yet

mabey pm casually moaning about the total lack of nice gay guys and ask if he knows any he can set you up with? he may put himself forward if he's gay and if not then mabey he knows a nice cute guy who is that you may like

all the best

11. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    .. .. .. Or, take the chance when you can to grab &/or slap his arse, perhaps a bit more softly than he does yours! Tell him you've wanted to return the favor for a long time! Then see what he sez. He can't hardly judge your touching him without him judging himself, now can he?

12. listen up world

You can do what I do. Facebook Honesty Box. You make a flirtatious comment calling him cute or something. And if he responds in a good way, it's likely that he's gay, since he doesn't know who you are, just your gender. It's worked for me once.

13. ColdSnap

unfortunately the only thing you can ever do in this situation is follow this rule.
    If he says he's straight he's straight.
    Because he is either a) straight, or b)not ready to deal with his feelings yet, and if anything happened it wouldn't work out for the best :/

14. 507bro

umm well just keep a close eye on him i mean
    sometimes you want to over assume the things
    he do is gay worthy. like i did along time ago :frowning2:

15. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try not to see facebook as an all-knowing oracle on people's sexualities! If people flat-out say they're gay or bi, they most likely are, but anything else is speculation. And the vast majority of people on there use it to just goof around, not to make it an accurate display of their life. This confusion is definitely you overanalysing any sign you can grasp at.

I think that if you don't know him all that well, knowing whether he's straight or not would do you no good anyway. It's probably better to just try to get any casual conversation going and getting to know this guy better as a potential friend. (and yeah, it's hard casually talking to people you're crushing on, but only practice makes perfect!)