1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limp Hand

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack2009, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hear this is a common steriotype

I have no idea what this looks like since I never saw a limp hand but is it like a hand bent at the wrist and flipping everywhere.

2. fallendream

apparently it is a stereotype. but my hands seem fine.

basically gays have weak wrists causing the hand to flop about. apparently.

3. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My hands don't "flap" around, LOL.

4. Greggers

Its not that a persons wrists are so weak they "flop" around or anything...id shoot the messanger that told you that one. This is not a medical issue. The reason is because it is viewed as a "feminine" or "queeny" thing to do. Just picture some giant black girl named "Tyreesha" with a blonde weave and a fat ass snapping at you going "Honey, you betta be getting OUT of mah grill!". Got it? Good. Thats what "limp wrist faggot" is supposed to allude to.

When i get scared or are in pain i tend to scream and flail my wrists around and fan myself like a crazy person. I tend to bend to wrists and look at my nails when im bored like you see alot of girls doing. When im telling someone off my hands go into "ghetto chick" mode and they the wrists tend to fly. These are just some examples of what people mean when they say "limp wrist faggot". There are a few more, like some who bends his wrists when he walks for example.

If you dont do that, dont worry cause your still gay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Its just one of those things. Its not a "choice" 95% of the time, its just a gut reaction to do these things. Sure, you have some exceptions. The odd person may "adpot" these gestures to try and fit in or be "more gay". As for it being a "gay" thing, some people do it, some peoeple dont. Its a mystery to me why, but i just accept the way it is.

But more to the point, if your all caught up in if someone flails their wrists or not, get over yourself already, mkay? Its just a fucking hand gesture! Its not like the person is sending a giant nuke towards north korea. It has ZERO effect on anyone or anything. Get over it. Drop it. Move on. End of story.

#4 Greggers, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I do it sometimes, but I never do it intentionally. I stop when I realize I'm doing it too lol.

6. Miles D

haha, yes. I flop my wrist sometimes when I'm excited or making a point... but yeah :grin:

7. napoleonri85

napoleonri85 Guest

Funny you brought this up...I haven't noticed anyone do this in a while :lol