1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike and I

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ryguy, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryguy

Ryguy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok well i think i mentioned him before in another post but anyway I have an intense crush on him to the point where he consumes my thoughts some of my best days are with him,days like today where i went to his house and we went out to get ice cream and then we played guitar hero(i know that sounds funny but the game literally rocks lol) anywho i think im at the point where i am really comfortable around him as friends but how could i tell if he likes me or hes just being friendly since i dont know if hes gay or strayt thanks for reading:icon_bigg

2. phoenix17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    you could just confront him about if he was straight and a real friend he wouldn't care.

3. kevinx519

yeah like what phoenix says. its best if you confront him about it when you feel the most comfortable. if he's a real friend, he'll accept you.

P.S. GUITAR HEROEEE!!!!! haha. =)

4. Psych!

Psych! Guest

As they said, you have to confront him about this, but don't hurry into things. First, you both have to be very comfortable around each other, and you should first talk to him about what he thinks of gay people, just wait and see his reaction. Depending on that, you make your move and either tell him or keep things to yourself.

I really hope that he's a real friend and he accepts you, or better yet that he likes you back.

5. phoenix17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah ez has better advice make sure you are comfortable and check to see how he reacts about gay people

6. Jeffers06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm kind of dealing with the same problem, though I'm next to positive my friend isn't gay. I agree with other people...see how he reacts to gay people before saying anything about yourself. Of course...this is easier said than done, huh? That's what I'm trying to do...I just can't seem to make myself do it. I hope you have better luck with it.

(And yeah, Guitar Hero is way cool! Guitar Hero III is being released in October!!!)

7. phoenix17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    don't overly force yourself take ur time make sure if you do anything that it is on ur terms

8. CrimsonThunder

During a game of guitar hero when you're playing against eachother, if hes winnning just say "Oh yeah and I'm gay" He'll be so shocked he'll not be able to concentrait and you'll win!

Oh yeah!

9. careandrespect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ryguy,

It is nice to hear from from you. As I am sure you have many people who are most supportive and helpful as you can see from the advice given. In my own approach I tend to take a more cautious route to something like this. Remember you have had time to think your feelings through about being gay. For most people when they hear this from their best friend it can be a shock. It is for this reason that I would advice you to take it slowly. I understand how it feels to be with someone you enjoy being with, however you need to approach the situation carefully. There will come a time when you will be able to discuss the situation with him. However, respect his feelings and do it with care.

All the best,
    careandrespect.

10. Psych!

Psych! Guest

srry but this made me laugh :roflmao:

but still, Crimson has a good idea there, after you're sure about what he thinks of gay people, you can use a moment like that one to tell him. it doesn't really have to be playing video games, but a non stressful moment that has his mind occupied :icon_wink

11. CrimsonThunder

Yeah it'd work really well. I don't even remember if I said that as a joke or not anymore because it makes sense. XD

12. Psych!

Psych! Guest

It was probably a joke, but you didn't realize it could work :thumbsup:

13. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sleep overs. sleep overs sleep overs sleep overs. used to work every time for me.

sleep on the trampoline together, or in another room on the floor. not separate beds.

get close and 'accidently', while 'asleep', get closer! if he is offended just stay asleep. if he responds well, then go for it.

sleep overs sleep overs sleep overs sleep overs........aaaaaaahhhhhhh

14. Psych!

Psych! Guest

wow, I've never been to a sleep over, but I've heard that can work to get close enough to the guy :thumbsup:

15. domus

domus Guest

What are some things he does that tells you he's gay? If you guys romp around or he openly touches you in public in a way that straight guys generally don't then those are clues. Also is he has a really fond nickname that he made up for you. Sometimes it could also be as easy as checking his myspace, facebook, etc account (if he has one).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.