1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian Jeans

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gurds101, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Gurds101

Jeans get me frustrated!! :bang:

I so badly want a nice pair of jeans that I enjoy putting on. For some reason I just can't find them. After coming out I said screw it, I'll buy some mens jeans. I like them better than the womens jeans I have, but they still are pretty manly.... :/
    I wouldn't identify myself as a butch, but I'm not too much of a girly girl either....

Any suggestions on where to find a pair of jeans that aren't skin tight and aren't too manly?

2. jazzrawr

I hate wearing tight jeans as well, but I don't like men's jeans either. So I have the same problem. XD

What I do at any store is buy girl's jeans a size larger than I actually am. For feminine-fitting jeans, I'm a size 7. So I buy 9 or 11, and they fit so much more comfortably.
    They're still kind of feminine because they're girl's jeans, but they're comfortable.

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

3. fallendream

have you tried bigger chains? they generally try to open up to wider audiences. a few examples in england (i cant speak for the U.S) is top shop, next, primark etc.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you like the jeans and they are confortable then wear them if someone give you a hard time here is what you do:
    1. hold out for fist
    2. extend your middle finger
    3. and say, "If you think I'm butch then maybe it isn't such a good idea to piss me off!"

5. Greggers

I read the title of this thread as "lesbian jesus" hahaha

LESBIAN JESUS!?!?!?!?1111

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't get why jeans are so comfortable for everyone, they feel horrible on me.

Wear whatever you feel good in, even if it means bedazzling men’s jeans or something to make them less masculine. Try going up a size or two, maybe even three or four. I know every pair seems to be different so when I get new jeans it feels like I have to try on every single pair in the freaking store to find one single pair that sort of fits. If anyone has anything to say about your clothes just tell them where they can stick their fashion advice. :thumbsup:

7. SilhouetteDream

Yeah I wear a size bigger, but not too big, I bought an 11 which is like two sizes bigger and they were like falling off, they almost fell off at school once :eusa_doh:
    Although a size bigger is more comfortable and all, it's still feminine looking
    You can get like three sizes bigger, making them more baggy, and masculine, but at that point I suggest wearing a belt, which I might try next time. :lol:
    [​IMG]
    Perhaps this one? (!)
    Anyways, I usually get boot leg or skinny, but it's whatever you prefer!

8. Apocalypte

^^ I have that belt! :grin:

I searched for months to find the perfect jeans... then I found my favourite pair of jeans for €6 in Tesco. If you're looking for something that's not super-girly, it can be helpful to look for jeans marked "slouch" or "boyfriend" (lol) fit - they tend to have a more androgynous look than others. That said, much as I love my baggy jeans, I also like pretty much any other style that actually suits me!

Incidentally, I'm actually wearing some skinny jeans at the moment - and I *do* identify as butch :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear a size up too, I can't get away with skinny jeans but my hips don't like mens' jeans. The only issue with that is length, but when they're hemmed they're fine. And rainbow belts are awesome xD I wear this one:
    [​IMG]

10. certified Hotti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think u can try what people have been saying about trying a size or two bigger than u usually buy, or u can also try buying men's skinny jeans or straight leg men jeans and that shud work. A lot of the jeans amde for men are very baggy but the straight leg and skinny ones arent, so maybe if u try those, ull like them.

11. Shimmi

Shimmi Guest

i would like to find some jeans that arent skin tight too. I suggest staying away from the Mall or club wear stores and doing what certified Hotti said . Good Luck ...

12. Gurds101

Thanks for all of the good suggestions..... shopping trip here I come.

13. Miles D

this is why I love you. :kiss:
    also, Jesus was such a lesbian. no question. :lol:

14. Eponine

Glad I wasn't the only one... xD

15. Just Adam

i just wear jogging bottoms...
    2 reasons....1) uber fat 2) they are comfy... its been my look for 20 years.. i know it makes me look rough and poor ....yea look >.>

16. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok that song lesbian seagull is now in my head but it's lesbian Jesus instead.