1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by arteb, Sep 3, 2009.

1. arteb

Hey. I was just wondering something. Do you ever feel like you're two people or like there are two people living inside you? And that these two persons do different things and think in different ways and when you're one of them the other can still see and hear what the other does but can't do a thing about it? That's the way I feel everyday. I don't like it at all.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depending on your background, history, and things that have occurred in your past and with your upbringing, what you're describing could be a number of things.

I'm not qualified to diagnose it, but I would suggest talking to a therapist about it. The good news is, you're not the first person to experience those symptoms, they are very treatable, and depending on what the diagnosis is, it may not require medication or anything like that to resolve.

3. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Are you speaking about multiple personality disorder? Then no I don't experience it.

But if you are talking about individualistic personalities (like a new personality just to fit into environment; acting. Personas) I have that, but I'm still me but in a different light to suit what I'm doing and with reason. I can't change night to day bug to morning to mid day with personalities.

Okay it's confusing but I believe most people are like that. They cannot treat their mom/dad the same as their best friends and their general public.

4. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I guess it depends I definitely know that there are too sides to me which are really different - the logical, seemingly unfeeling side which is the side I let everyone else see, and the dreamy more emotional side which I never let anyone see. Sometimes it does get to the point that it feels like two different people but at the same time I know it's all me and it's not all the time just when I feel like I don't fit in or something and things aren't going great.

5. Just Adam

i feel sometimes i look in the mirror and im not sure who im looking at. and its weird sometimes i like somthign sometimes i cant stand it...

im just messed up though.

6. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know what you mean i think. You put urself forward as a somewhat different person to different people? i do that

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hee hee hee yeah all the time. I feel that angy person who wants to kick everyone's ass who pisses hi off and step on the people I see as pathetic!

Then there is that side that wants to understand people's probles and see the pain they are in.

Then there is the side of me that just wants to cry when I see sad movies and when people are mean, and when a puppy dies.

8. arteb

Hmm, sometimes I also feel like I can't feel anything, like I'm nothing, and like I stop being the person or persons I am. Like I'm nothing at all. Weird.