1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drunk troubles

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dudethere, Sep 6, 2009.

1. dudethere

OK so last night the person I have had a crush on for as long as Ive known him was over to stay the night. We snuck some booze and he got very drunk I didnt. We where talking and he told me to kiss him. I did and he told me he loved me. I said its the booze talking becasue I dont know what it dose to him if he tells the truth or not. He looked me in the eyes and told me it was true. He told me that when he met me he liked me and when I came out he was so excited. He didnt want to come out becuase of his religon and his dad. He kissed me and held me but he kept saying if you love me you'll stay here a little longer. I dont know why but I dont belive him looking at in solber lights. I love him but dose he love me. Im also worried it was just to get me to do sexual things which truth be told I did somethings but then he wanted to stop and hold me. I need help sorting all this out im calling him tomorrow.

If you were me would you belive him or would you never bring it up?
    If it were you drunk would you have lied or told the truth?

2. RaRa

You need to talk to him when he's sober. But I think he might be telling the truth, he's probably in the closet and likes you.

3. EM68

You need to talk to him when you are both sober.

4. endless poetry

Never bringing the issue up doesn`t seem like a good idea, you should talk to him privately

As well, with drunkedness, I heard (I wouldn`t know cause my dad get all uptight when I have a glass of red wine lol) you get to do stuff you want to do but would otherwise not have the courage to. . .... be that in this case to tell a truth to confess his love or to tell a lie, as you fear, to do sexual things with you.

The issue is really what did he mean by his actions...

5. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    You should talk to him about it. Simply ask him if it was just because he was drunk. Say " So, when you were drunk the other night, you came out to me. Did you really mean that or was it the booze talking? I'll understand either way." That way he feels safe telling you the answer.

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my experience, people generally tell the truth when they are drunk. Being drunk makes you lose inhibitions, after all. And I don't think he would have come out and wanted to be kissed and held if he wasn't sincere. I've heard of straight people getting more flirty when drunk, but not to the point of turning gay and coming out.

So yeah, I'd believe him!

Bringing it up again (when you're both alone, obviously) would seem like the best course of action. However, if he doesn't want to talk about it (he might be going through a phase of "oh no, what have I done?") you shouldn't pressure him either. Just let him know that if he wants to keep this secret, you'll be discreet and that you'll be there for him if he wants to talk about it.

7. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So he got drunk and admitted he likes you, aren't we lucky? Chances are it's the truth. Congrats. Looks like you got it. :thumbsup:

8. dudethere

wow I dont wnat to let myself get excited incase he truns around and dosnet remeber anything but Im still very very happy

9. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

How drunk did he get??

10. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been there. I've been so drunk I say shit to people I have no idea what I have said but apparntely I open up like a can of worms.

99.9% sure it's the truth. He may deny it, he may not. Just talk to him when he's sober, but if he chooses to deny it just go with it, don't push him, and if he admits it,

well then God loves you.

11. dudethere

So I spoke to him and this is how it went:

M= me
    H=him

M hey do you remeber anything from the other night?
    H no not at all
    M Ha Probubly good you dont remeber (me diing inside)
    M are you sure you dont rember anything? (me despreate)
    H why do you care?
    M well you said some stuff but meh Ill try to forget them too (tyring to urge him to say it)
    H Alright?
    M:grin: yea
    H Then we made small talk and it just got uncomfertable

SOmething seems fishy it was over txting so idk but he sounded liek he was hiding something

12. dudethere

He just said he dosnet want us to be frineds for awhile.

13. endless poetry

he seems very confused at the moment.

In this case it would be best to move at his pace. . . and I guess you being the intelligent one, have already figured that out.

14. EM68

He probably remembers what happened and needs time to sort things out. I would just give him some space for now.

15. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he’s pretty clearly in the “Oh no, what have I done!!!” stage. His avoiding the topic would indicate he does remember what happened. He probably still needs some time to come to terms with it. And he might worry what happens if you would tell anyone. So there might be a lot of panicking there.

He probably needs some distance, and giving him some time alone would be good. Though try to keep an eye on not growing too distant either.

Also, if this was all over text, be careful with your wording. Saying “It’s probably best you don’t remember” can come off entirely wrong if you just type it… Or maybe that’s just how I tend to overanalyse wordings.

16. Just Adam

i agree with everything filip says

if i got told best i dont remember over txt that would hurt and be a total shot down.

and dont fall apart from each other...

i would just send him a txt now after he says he needs some time apart saying
    " ok im here when your ready" or "ok mate take aslong as you need"

send him somthign supportive but reminding that you will be there when hes ready :slight_smile:

17. werekid

like every one said talk to him when you are both sober