1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Took the first of the two steps today.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lilmantate96, Sep 8, 2009.

1. lilmantate96

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok. I am so nervous. I just wrote the letter that I am going to give my parents as I am leaving for school tomorrow. It explains to them how I am gay and who knows and how long I have known and how much I love them and that it is not their fault. Step two is going to come tomorrow when I give them the letter. I dont know whether to be happy or nervous.

2. notquitebutch

-hugs- I'd be a little of both if I were you. I'm sure everything will turn out okay! But congrats on getting that far, you're very brave.

3. ColdNight

ColdNight Guest

Good luck! Keep us updated <3

4. drake86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good luck. I wrote a letter two weeks ago and still have not sent it to my parents. It is sitting with a stamp on it in my car. Giving to them is the hardest part. I need to just get it over with already but can't seem to force myself to do it. Good luck. If I have learned anything over the past couple years it is that things seem to always turn out better than you previously thought they would. Guess I should take my own advice huh?

5. lilmantate96

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We all run at our own pace. I am going fast for the sake of just getting it over with. i am tired of saying "Oh yeah. She is a hottie" to my dad just to keep it a secret. I want to be able to take the "s" off of that "she". Good luck to you too. Hope your parents accept you for who you are.

6. Sesshomaru

Well first off congrats on getting this far with every. That takes a lot of courage and even more so with you being young.
    I hope everything goes well with you and your parents tomorrow. Be strong and you'll be just fine (*hug*)

7. Mickey

I wish you all the best. It's scary,I know,but once it's done,it's done.
    It takes a lot of courage to come out,especially to parents.
    I congratulate you. I truly hope all goes well. Let us know,please. We care.

8. Bradley James

All I can say is what everyone else has said, so good luck. Hope everything goes well...