1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really need some advice.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hidden Angel, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Ok so I've just found out that this gay and lesbian group where I live has a get together and drinks at a bar regularly each month, I would really like to go because I think I'm going to go stark raving mad if things stay the way they are at the moment with me feeling so alone. The thing is it would mean having to make up something to tell my parents about where I'm going and since it's on a Wednesday night how do I explain to my parents that their daughter who has no social life and refuses to go out on a school night because she has to study suddenly wants to go out in the middle of the week. Plus I'm not sure I want to go alone and we are aloud to bring a friend so i would have to talk one of my straight mates into it an I'm not sure how that would go.

I know it would be easier if I just forgot about it but as I said before if I don't do something I am going to completely lose it.

Any advice?

2. Greggers

Well it does not seem too hard.

Convince a straight friend to go with you.

Convince your parents your going out with said straight friend for dinner/movie or whatnot.

Go to this event, have lots of fun, try and feel less alone.

Its either that or tell them the truth, but from your post it seems your trying to find a way to avoid that. You can always try and "white lie". Tell some truth, just not all of it. You can say your going to a bar with said friend, but dont tell them its an LGBT event. The less things you lie about the better.

If you do want to tell your parents the truth (i dont know how your parents are, so i cant really give the best advice here..) i would try and explain how your feeling, the loneliness and such, and how going will help you with that. If they care about you they should be fine with it. Then again, parents are strange sometimes.

Good luck with everything, and i think it definitely would be a good idea for you to go.

3. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

- Well I know they won't be ok with me telling them the truth since I'm out to them but they ignore it apart from telling me how disgusting it is.
    - I might try telling them I'm going to a movie- they may find it a little strange if I tell them I'm going to a bar since I don't drink and have never shown any interest in going even though i know you don't have to drink.

4. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Clearly I was in a slightly more rebellious then usual when I typed my last post, now I'm just terrified that if I do it I'm going to get found out, I never lie to my parents, I'm not sure it's worth it.

5. Greggers

Its worth it. Im not saying making a habit of lieing is a good thing, but lieing is something that *is* needed every once in awhile. You cant always tell the truth, that would bring chaos to the world (They are actually making a new show about that, it looks really funny.)

You really do need to go to this. Its a good experience for you. If your parents are in the wrong by not letting you go to something that is good for you and is not a bad thing for you do be doing, cause its not, then you might just need to lie. Or atleast NOT tell the truth. Say your going out with a friend, just dont say it will involve other gay people.

God, i AM a horrible influence.

6. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. Convince a friend to go with you.
    2. Lie to your parents.
    3. ????????????
    4. Profit.