1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letting my friend set me up on a blind date

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Starshine16, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Starshine16

So my guy friend really wants to set me up on a blind date.I have been alone for way too long and he tells me that I am a great girl and I'll find someone worth my time.He was really insistent on setting me up with someone.I said no at first but lately I have been feeling really lonely and second guessing my decision to tell my friend that I wasn't interested in a blind date.

Should I trust my friend and give the whole blind date thing a try.

2. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Well........ I've never been a big fan of the whole blind date thing but that just becasue I'm not so good around people I don't' know and it would be really awkward. If you've got no problem with that then I say go for it, what have you got to lose.

3. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What have you got to lose?

4. Jim1454

Why is your friend insisting that it be a 'blind date'? Can't he introduce you to the person that he has in mind sometime when you're out with a group of people?

If you're just not interested in someone introducing you to others, you should ask yourself why not? If your friend (who you presumably like) likes another person and thinks you'd get along with them, then you're a few steps ahead of meeting a complete stranger.

So if it needs to be a 'blind date' for some reason, just go for it. How bad could it be?

5. hannahhrosee

i think you should at least try it..
    who knows?
    they might be the one.
    if not laugh it off.