1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know if the Billy Grahm Evangelical Assosiation has any ex-gay ministrys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Greggers, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Greggers

Story goes like this: I found a letter from the Billy Grahm Evangelical Association, it came from Alberta. I know its most likely just some dumb newsletter or book they want my parents to buy. I know my parents are always going to be hardcore evangelicals and i accept that, but im just worried that since they have not addressed my sexuality in about....4 months....that they might be plotting something. Granted, im always paranoid, i still would like to know.

I have been googling, but these places often dont broadcast their ties to contriversial things like ex-gay ministry. I do know that this group is quite homophobic.

2. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Does anyone know if the Billy Grahm Evangelical Assosiation has any ex-gay minist

no idea.
    but you are an adult. and as such, you have the right to refuse anything your parents ask you to do in future :lol:

3. cicciux

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Does anyone know if the Billy Grahm Evangelical Assosiation has any ex-gay minist

Think about it... you could meet a lot of gay guys going through what you are going ^_^

Sorry, that was a tad insensitive... I'm just a little pissed off at judeo/christian religions lately...

btw: check out 'Latter Days', it's a great movie.

4. dude99

dude99 Guest

Well as far as I know it does not. If you think your parents are plotting something, then they would have suggested ex gay ministries or for you to see a minister or priest or something for counselling regarding your sexuality.

5. Just Adam

and id jsut reply why? is he cute? then walk off :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Greggers

Well im definitely NOT going and thats not the problem. The thing is, they would plan this for months before actually telling me. I dont like that one bit. I need to know so i can have an intervention for my parents to snap them out of this stupid mindset. However im sure its just Billy Grahm wanting to milk my parents for money and pass it off as "the right thing to do for jesus" like always.

The thing that scarred me was the address it came from. It was some funky "Hope" something street. I did look that up and didnt find anything, but it looked suspicious.

7. BlasttheCloset

the right to do that, yes. But most parents cause difficulties in other ways, like by not funding college or things like that.

8. xequar

Although I know Billy Graham is anti-gay, to my knowledge he's considerably more moderate about it. I've not heard of any ex-gay ministries associated with him, either.

In the odd instance that your parents try to pull something stupid, have you any backup plans in case you have to bail out and go it on your own?

9. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people

Well, you're over 18 so they can't force you to go. Unless you are dependent on them. But legally all they can do is "pray the gay away".