Is there really a heterophobia...?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BayeBorde, Sep 14, 2009.

1. BayeBorde

BayeBorde Guest

...i think i got it, i know its funny right but im very neurotic and im always unsure. I feel like one day i will wake up and all of a sudden stop being gay, I mean i gave effort to discovering who I am. Im unsure that im gay sometimes but then again its the attraction that matters, some days i would think a girl is pretty and i would think if im bi but im not. Im not afraid of heterosexuals I just can think i can be one. Sometimes I dont like it when girls bend over in front of me because more than cleavage can be shown an di really do not want to see that. I love being gay, then again whats wrong with me, ive fully accepted that im gay, outed myself to my friends and part of my family. The again I feel like if I just outed myself and it would be a lie and im not gay at all and id be a fake. When i came out to my mom she made fun of me and sorta punched me and attacked me and told me im gay because thats what celebrities are and because the more celebrities are gay the more teens will want to be gay. I dont beleive being gay is a choice and i really dont care about celebrities.

Does that make sense.
    is that heterophobia then?
    its a bit funny tho

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is such thing as heterophobia, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're experiencing. Knowing that you're not straight doesn't mean that you have any fear or hatred for straight people, all it means is that you're not one of them. It's normal to doubt and be confused about your sexuality, but if you're entirely or mostly attracted to guys and not girls it's fair enough to label youself as gay if you want to.

3. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This isn't it, and the only woman I ever think is hot Lindsay Lohan. Sometimes Megan Fox on her good days, sometimes she looks to masculine. But Lindsay hot at 100 lbs, 160 lbs, dark hair, blonde whatever.

4. Greggers

I used to be heterophobic. Now im just evangelical-mormon-redneck-douchebag-phelps-NOM-phobic.

Its a normal process for all gay people to go through an "Us Vs. Them" stage. Us being gay people. Them being straight people. Its when you have just recently come out and you might be taking your pent up anger against the many straight people because of the few straight people who oppressed you. It could also be that as a "newlygay" you are caught up in just "being gay". You constantly bring it up, think about it, and make a point to let everyone know "Im here and im queer".

As you grow and learn you will find out its not "the gay community" and "the straight community", but really just the "human community". We are not as different as you might think. This is a step that could take a while to get to. It involves forgiving the people who were horrible to you because of your sexuality both while in and out of the closet. It involves getting over the fact your gay and letting that be a badge on your sash of life, not the entire sash. Dont feel bad if your not there yet. You cannot force yourself to get past all your feelings because your supposed to grow. Its a process not a race.

5. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have Hetrophobia. That is, I'm scared that they'll pull a Matthew Shepard on me.

6. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

What you say doesn't sound like what I conceive as heterophobia. To me it's like a mixture of hatred towards straight people for oppressing us, as well as a sense of envy since they don't have to go through what we do. And I plead guilty because although I know I shouldn't generalize and yada yada, I can't help but feel this way sometimes.

7. BayeBorde

BayeBorde Guest

oh no i dont hate straight people, i just am happy being gay therefore i wouldnt change it, but i just dont want that to change about me even though it never will