1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello ec, my old friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Paralyzer, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Paralyzer

i dont know where else to go. Ec is the only site where people actually have brains. I just feel worthless and overlooked. I dont know what to say and i know that doesnt help you help me, but i .. Just dont know where to go. I want to move away from everybody to be honest. And sorry for grammatical errors, im on my phone so ill also prolly not respond for long periods of time :/

I just feel like if i left, no one would remember me. I feel like no one appreciates me except the lonely gay guys because im not an ass and i actually talk to them. I feel like my only talent in most cases is to just stand still and look pretty wich is why i want to be a stripper. I dont know what else i could achieve with myself. Im never complimented for anything other than my appearance... And yet everyone who has known me for a long time dislikes me cuz i used to be shy and awkward. No one gives me anymore chances to warm up to them. Im never invited to cool shit, i always have to make my own improvised version of big events. Im turning 18 soon and im scared :/

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I'm sorry that you feel this way, but remember that things can and will change at some point. (*hug*)

I'm sure there are tons of things in which you could excel. Don't close all the doors/options just yet. Have you given it some thought as to whether you want to continue to go on to college/university? Before you decide to go down the road of becoming a stripper, give it some thought.

Even though you feel that people aren't given you the chance anymore, don't give up hope! If you are not invited to things so what? Perhaps try joining social groups or activities in at your community centre or at school, where you can make new friends. You can also, e-mail or call friends that you do have and just say "hey do you want to hang out or go to the movies?", which shows them that you have changed and are no longer as shy as you used to. Sometimes it takes a while for people to adjust and 'get used to,' to a different you.

I'm sure people would miss and remember you. What about the people you do talk to and give them the chance to get to know you? I'm sure they would miss you. When you talk with people and make them feel less lonely, you are someone they will remember for talking with them and making them feel less lonely.

Sometimes, life can be disappointing and things don't look particularly rosy, but you will overcome it. I'm sure you will be able to make some new friends. Give it some time. Don't give up on things!

3. Jim1454

Hey - welcome back. It has been a while...

I think you're looking at this wrong. It isn't what other people say that matters. It's what you want to do or like to do that matters. Because who would ever know if you're a really creative writer, or a fantastic artist, or an incredible computer programmer. Likely nobody - because you're still a little shy and awkward. Perhaps you only get comments on your looks because that's all people have to work with. They don't know you well enough.

Some of your confidence needs to come from the inside. It has to come from you. You can't rely on other people to provide the positive reinforcement all the time.

Besides - there must be some other indicators. What are your grades like? Is there a subject that you seem to do really well at? What are your interests? Have you taken any kind of tests or surveys that might indicate the career path that you should take? (If not, perhaps you should inquire about doing one. And I'm not sure, but I doubt 'stripper' will be on their list of recommended careers. :icon_wink) All of these things can help point you to a career choice.

But at the same time, you don't have to have everything figured out now. Nothing magical happens at 18. It's just another day. And we all figure out our lives at different times and for different aspects. For me, I knew all along that I wanted to go into business / finance. But it took me til I was in my mid 30s to figure out that I was gay! :eusa_doh:

With respect to getting along with other people - we're all different. You're not expected to behave a certain way. But at the same time, you do need to recognize what makes a person interesting to hang around with, and what makes a person not that interesting. And that's going to be different for everyone. As an accountant, I don't hang out with race car drivers. I'm sure I wouldn't be very interesting to them, nor could I relate. But the good news is that as you get older, you are more able to hang out with people that are more like you. My coworkers are - you guessed it - accountants! I get along really well with them. My university classmates were - right again - business majors. We had a blast.

You'll find your 'groove' - so to speak. I have no doubt.

4. Paralyzer

Well being 18 scares me because I don't want to go to jail... lmao
    But it's cool because I'll have a greater opportunity to do things. (Wich is a greater opportunity to get caught)

I used to have wonderful grades, but last year murdered my high school record due to the emotional and financial stresses that I went through. My counselor helped me overcome a great deal of stress that arose from it, but my Junior year is shit. I skinned my teeth in my AP class and the same went for Honors English, and when Math used to be my best subject, I couldn't balance my fast paced course with my home life and failed it. Basically, I'm in average classes this year when I had higher hopes and I started believing I had potential.

The only reason I want to strip is to help me pay for college and improve my confidence skills. I understand there are scholarships and plans for college, but I feel like I the only talent I have relates to exhibitionism. I try to improve myself in other areas like how I taught myself to play guitar and how I made a good weight training plan that works for me, but my improvised versions are only that. They don't go very far.

I guess I do need to find my groove.. it's just I feel like it won't be the one I want...

5. Paralyzer

Note...
    I'm not like dealing drugs or shooting heroine or stealing or corrupting children or any sick shit by the way.. just wanted that to be clear haha >_>

I just like tresspassing haha....
    and some other things that are dumb laws

6. Étoile

LOL At stripping. As long as you play safe and don't hurt anyone, I don't see what harm can be done.

7. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don’t stop believing you have potential! I’m sure you have!
    Sure, you might have had a rough year, and your grades might not have been all that great. You’re not where you want to be. But it happens!
    A few years ago, I was doing great in my studies, on the road to get a PhD, finally felt like I was getting somewhere…
    Then I hit serious personal problems (death of a family member). All of a sudden (in the middle of the exam period, in fact), I had to throw overboard all of my plans, I didn’t study as well as I used to. I did graduate, but not with any honours at all. I was seriously feeling like I wasted my shot at life.

And you know what? Looking back, I feel like I like my life now more than I would have liked the life I planned. I found a good job and nice friends. I even found out that some of the people I thought secretly hated me were really appreciative of me and it was just my self-doubt keeping me from believing people liked me. I’ve found my groove back, mainly by just keeping believing that I would.
    So my advice would be to just try and do as good as you can in the classes you’re following now. Try to figure out what you want to do in college and seriously look at what your options are!

I don’t think the stripping is a good idea. Sure, you might make money, but I doubt it would help your confidence. You say you feel you’re only appreciated for looking good, and not for who you really are. In the world of stripping, you probably won’t find anything else than a reinforcement of that. And you don’t want that! Basically any job where you have to interact with people other than to have them stare at your naked body would be better!

You don’t say if you do anything in any kind of club or group. It might help if you found something to join. It would be easier to open up to people with shared interests and improve your confidence there. Like Jim said, hanging out with people who are into the same things as you are helps! And like asteroid said, sometimes just inviting yourself and letting your friends see that you’ve become more social helps too!

Just hang in there ands take care! Mostly, if things look bad, they always work out for the better!

8. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Such a sad story. :dry:

Come on dude. You're a really awesome guy. Don't fall into a slump, and don't give up hope.