1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some advice please??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by musicXowl, Sep 15, 2009.

1. musicXowl

I've been going out with my girlfriend for 7 months now. But she left for college over the summer and i barely get to see her anymore. Her college is almost 3 hours away and i do go and visit her sometimes on the weekend but not very often. When she was here and we saw eachother all the time we had a perfect relationship. We never got into fights or cheated on eachother or anything. But now that she's gone i feel like i've lost a close connection with her. She is a VERY big partier and i'm always afraid shes going to do something stupid, and I find myself disaproving of some of her actions.
    Anyways, lately I've been having second thoughts about us and thinking about breaking up. But I love her so much i don't want to hurt her or regret doing it. Maybe I just think i'm in love with her just because she's my first girlfriend, and people always say " your first love feels like your only love". But i can't tell.
    I kind of want to try dating other people, but i don't because i don't want to break up with her, but i do....I just can't make up my mind because i feel like if I break up with her i wont be able to find anyone else as unique and that shares alot of my interests.
    So, what do you think??

2. Phantom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think if you leave what sounds like something really special, you might end up regretting it. The alternative might provide some instant gratification, but if you love her like you say you'll just have to stick it out through the tough times.

Hope this helps!

3. Just Adam

i say actually talk to her on the phone or what not ...about how you feel and your concernes.... 3 hours aitn that big a distance to many... but you need ot be able to communicate ... its one of the core values of a relationship...

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have someone in specific that you'd like to date?

Lex

5. musicXowl

No, I just feel like its time to move on.
    Her being in college and me being a junior in high school, I feel like we're changing and living different lives. Plus I don't think I can take being pranoid all the time about her cheating on me or doing something stupid anymore. I'm almost positive I want to break up with her, but she's still in love with me and I don't know what to do. :frowning2:

6. nevermore

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you've already made your decision. I think you should talk to her about how you feel...face to face when you next see her.

7. Jay D

I think you should talk to her about it - tell her how you feel. She deserves that much because you've been together for 7 months. See how she feels, then go with your heart after that.