1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you Gay?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack2009, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was at work and my one of my co-workers said this to a young female customer (with dark hair, look Italian/Greek),

"I thought you were younger, we have to check people who look under 28. I bet you get carded often" (taking her card for alcohol)
    "Thanks, I'm 24.Not really "
    "Are you married? *laughs"
    "No *laughs*"
    "Are you gay??!! You can get any man you want??!! You're gorgeous!!"
    "I'm going here more often! *laughs*"

-------
    She wasn't serious about the gay part, but if she told that to a guy it would had been worse.

Do you think people have the right to ask someone (jokingly) that they are gay? It was more of humor though.

#1 Jack2009, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  2. Kupo!

Kupo! Guest

Honestly? I dont lie about it so if someone asks me jokingly or not i am dead serious and say yes. but its funny to see how people that are joking suddenly become speechless. :slight_smile:

3. paco

paco Guest

i don't see the problem with asking if someone is gay, jokingly or not. one of the problems in our society is that we do set up being gay as taboo, and therefore to a straight person, being asked if they are gay is a personal insult. if gay isnt treated as some horrible disease, maybe someday coming out of the closet wont need to happen. but that would be in a perfect world where we aren't thought of as second class citizens, one can dream.

4. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    If it was a female clerk and a male customer it would still be okay.

5. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I agree with Paco!

6. Just Adam

i dont have a problem peopel asking aslogn as its not with a negative conitation... i would just say i dunno :S lol

7. Alex19

i dont think its funny..... at all, but she has a good point cause we're the only ones that still cant

8. Rygirl

If someone asked me then I wouldn't lie, but no one ever does, they all asume that I'm straight (I even get asked if I have seen any BOYS that I fancy!), it quite stiffling.