1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Whant to die

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Thanos, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Thanos

Umm I'm 13 and I whant to kill my self cuz I'm in love with my best friend and he's strate so i don't know what to do I don't whant to be selfish but I don't whant to live I love my friend so much and I can't stand to see him with a girl friend (he dusnt have one at this point) but I don't whant to stop being his friend what do I do I jest whant to die but at the same time I don't whant to what do I do:tears:

2. KnightAssassin

look everyone has a crush , just wait and look your 13 there are so many guys in the world i mean just because a cute guy is straight doesn't mean there aren't any cute gay guys i mean think how long will i be around , who will i meet later ? You never know so just wait , i know waiting sucks but think it is always darkest before the dawn ...... so just have patience and life will treat you good

3. 71390S

71390S Guest

This is the trevor hotline number (for GLBT youth) - they are trained to help with feeling suicidal, etc. 1 866 488 73867

And...you're 13! :slight_smile: You have your whole life ahead of you to meet guys and fall in love. Your friend (among others) would be devastated if you offed yourself. Please don't.

4. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Whoa. Whoa.
    Firstly, you are thirteen. I know it sounds crazy (and maybe even rude), but it's more than likely that this friend of yours will not be your 'one twoo lub'. Not only is he straight and therefore uninterested in anything other than friendship, you are also way way way to young to be thinking that the world is ending over a guy.

Now, as for the suicide bit: Take a breath and try to think about this from an objective stand-point. What do you stand to gain from offing yourself? Nothing. Not a goshdarn thing. Not only do you rob yourself of any opportunity of finding true love in the future, but you are also doing an extreme disservice to those who already love you unconditionally. It's completely illogical to even contemplate suicide as there is no possible good outcome.

As for immediate actions, it would be well advised to seek out a therapist (perhaps at your school) with whom you can confide. As for your best friend, since your Out Status claims that you've come out to him, I'm sure a sit down chat with him couldn't hurt. You can simply explain that you need to have some time away from him and you'll tell him why when you feel better about the situation.

So chill. Don't kill yourself. Use spellcheck.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! (*hug*) It can be hard to have fallen for someone where we know there is a zero chance of something happening more than friendship. But you know what? It is okay. It happens and that is part of life. If there is any good coming from this is that it does make you stronger and gets you ready to look for someone with whom it will work out.

Getting over a crush that goes really deep is really hard. But you can do it, and in time you will be able to move on. Stay busy, try to hang out more with other friends, try join some activities at school, try making some new friends. You don't have to stop being friends with him, just try to create a little bit of distance for the time that you need to move on. With time you will meet others, and perhaps someone who will end up being your boyfriend. As you go through life, you will have a few more crushes and you will fall in love again with whom it might work out. But even if it doesn't, have you lost anything? Nope. It just means something better is around the corner!

Is it worth to go the distance of harming or killing yourself? No! Life is full of surprises, the good things and the not so good things. But everything you do, everything thought and feeling that you have will help you to learn things about yourself that will make you stronger. You are only 13. You still have your entire life ahead of you that is filled with great things. What ever you will be facing, know that you will be able to overcome it. If you feel that you need help, seek that help. If you want to talk to someone that you trust such a teacher at your school, or a school counselor, do that.

I hope this helps you a bit! (*hug*)

6. EM68

Everyone have given you some great advice. You are young only 13 years old and you want to die over something that has not happened yet, you best friend having a girl friend. Just think he may have one in a month or 5 years from now. At your age your hormones and emotions are running wild. Don't do anything to hurt your self. You have a lot of life to live. You also said you don't want to be selfish but killing yourself would be the ultimate selfish act.

You should talk to someone, try calling the hotline number that was posted by 71390S or talk to a guidance couselor at your school. Believe me its not worth it. My niece tried to hurt herself a year ago and she was about your age and it was so devistating to our family.

(*hug*)(*hug*)

7. Eleanor Rigby

I am so sorry you feel this sad (*hug*), I know falling in love with someone who doesn't return your feelings hurts a lot, and I know at your age, such thing sounds like the end of the world. But it's not.
    We all have experienced that. It's a learning experience that is part of life.
    Life is sometimes about pain, about heartbreaks, about hopeless love, but sometimes it's about meeting the right person, about loving and being loved in return and that's magic. You don't want to deprive yourself from living this.
    But to be able to find love, you have to live, you have to grow up and you have to accept to experience disappointement.
    I don't minimize your pain at all, but being more than twice older than you are I know that you can move on and use this to grow up.
    I would be great if you could find someone to talk to about your feelings and suicidal thoughts. If you don't want to talk to your parents, talk to a teacher your trust, a school counselor or a school nurse. These people are here to help you, all you need to do is to ask.
    If you need someone to talk, you are very welcome to contact me anytime you want.

Take care, Eleanor

8. Just Adam

trust me 13 is too youngto throw it away at least wait till you get to my age ...>.>

i know what your going through hell i think everyone does, its life well all love someone at some point who we need who we crave...but they dont want us and in teh end we jsut have to respect that and as hard as it is move on as if you jsut continue to live in the hope one day they will say they love you and kiss you and it will be happy ever after ...well it jsut wont happen..sorry :S

no offence but your a child still at your age i had barelly understanding of THE POWER OF LOVE *guitar solo* ... and even less on sexuality i actully thought i was straight at your age....but life throws us curve balls... jsut got to pick yourself dust yaself off and move along pilgrim...

i knwo you will find a guy who will change your world as your a loving careing person and thats what matters in life :slight_smile:

9. Just Adam

Eleanor Roosevelt
    • I could not, at any age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life

i hope you see the wisdom in the words

take care X

10. werekid

truth to be told you can not ever spell love there will be more crushs in your life yes sone of them will be painful or you may find someone who will like you

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You wouldn't believe the number of us who have been there (*hug*) Falling for someone is intense. Some moments of intense pain, others of intense beauty. And if it's the first time you've experienced it, it knocks you off your feet. You're spinning out because this is something you haven't had to deal with before, and you haven't figured out how to cope yet. And that's what this experience will help do for you - help you lay down the foundations that'll make it that bit easier to get by next time.

And there will be a next time. He's the only boy you can think about at the moment, but he's not the only one you'll ever think about. Yes, he's straight, and yes, that means there isn't much chance of anything happening between you. And yes, it hurts like hell. You don't need to bear the hurt alone - the phone line that was posted above could be really helpful if you don't want to tell anyone you know in real life. Talk it out. Punch pillows and cry and vent and release what you're feeling. You don't have to stop being his friend, although being around him while you're healing might be tough. Try diferent things, look at the other guys around you. And get some help, because killing yourself means that you'll never see the new hope around the corner.

12. Thanos

thank you guys for the help im starting to get over him but now im crushing on his friend. so im going to try my luck with this guy and hope i dont get crushed.

13. I bet everyone on this site has had a crush on a straight person, Your not the only one.

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All I can suggest in this case is prepare yourself. This guy could also be straight and you need to prep yourself to prevent yourself from falling into depression once again. Good luck none the less.