1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Know

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by who am I, Aug 2, 2007.

1. who am I

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is it right or wrong to date a member of your family.

I really like my aunty but I dont know what to do about it any advice would be appriciated.

2. Gera-Kun

Is she a direct member? you know, by blood? if so, then it's wrong. yet, it's up to you and your aunt. love is very strange....

3. who am I

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Shes my mams sister and straight but divorced with 2 kids:icon_sad: :bang:

4. Gera-Kun

oh, well, try to get over it. find someone who you acctually have a chance of being with. It's a very difficult path, i experienced something like that...anyways, like i said, try to find someone who you can be with. even though it'll hurt, probably. from my experience, I'd say you're going to have a hard time. but you'll eventually make it through...

5. Psych!

Psych! Guest

If she's a direct family memeber then yes, that would be classified as incest.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Check the legal situation where you are, as it does vary at the cousin/aunt/uncle level.

If it's illegal then you know where you stand. Don't go there, as it will cause problems for you both.

If it is legal then it depends on how much of a problem it will be within the family (many of who may still look down on it despite the legal position). I am assuming she is somewhat older than you. Does she feel the same as you?

7. GuitarGirl1350

Most places the closest relative you can legally date/marry is your second cousin.

I don't know that's wrong per se, but...a little strange. I personally couldn't do it. I mean, my niece is hot. If she wasn't my niece, I'd probably want to date her. But we're close like sisters. And I just couldn't.

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Legal or not.......it's just better not to go there. She is your mom's sister. Imagine how your mom would feel knowing about this. This would ruin her relationship with her sister and her relationship with you.

9. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's incest. Don't date her.