1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a hug...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MLCarr, Sep 21, 2009.

1. MLCarr

So I'm within about a moment of having a complete and total breakdown. I wish I knew how to say no. I wish I didn't feel guilty when I did say no. I wish I knew how to be selfish and help myself rather than always putting others before me.

This comes from long outstanding problem, but yeah, I just need a hug...a bed buddy would be nicer, but at this point I'll settle for a hug.

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

Try getting to the bottom of the problem, it will make you feel better in the long run. Find out why you always put other people ahead of you. It is only going to get harder to help them if you don't help yourself first. :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

3. Fiorino

(*hug*)(*hug*)

It'll get better, sweetie :wink:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off: (*hug*)

Sometimes it is a matter of changing how you look at things. Helping and being there for others is a great quality to have, don't lose that. However, start working on thinking about yourself too. When you say no to someone, there is always a reason behind it. When you say no, explain your reasoning behind it. It might help you to feel better. When you explain your reasoning, you also let the other person know why you said it. People are often a lot more understanding than we give them credit for!

Hope this helps a bit! (*hug*)

5. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

i think EC's members are all reaching a same point,, tried of writing about their problems in this site; and not getting things solved.. sorry for sounding negative to EC; but ML carr just hang in there and be strong for the mean time. sorry; for giving this electronic hug than a real hug (^^)<(^_^<)!

6. shorty

Hugs fucking rock! I miss my old girl friends that I could get guilt free hugs from. Oh well, life moves on, and there will always be new people to hug and cuddle. Its the suck though when you want to make cuddly with chicks and they want to jump your bones.

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) (*hug*) (&&&) (*hug*) (*hug*)

9. MLCarr

Thank ya'll. I'm still super stressed, but I guess I'll learn how to deal with it. I'm just kinda stuck in a rut at the moment.

Hikikomori you're 110% right. I could have explained the problem, but it would have ended in a really long post that maybe 1 person would respond to. I don't know how to solve my problem, but I also know that ya'll won't be much of a help to solve it anyways. What I needed was just as I said...I just needed a hug and some support. I got that. I'm still a nervous wreck, I'm no better today than I was yesterday, but hell at least I know someone cares, even if they are only people online.

10. Paragon

Paragon Guest

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) :kiss: (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)
    Things WILL get better, without doubt, be strong, we will support you however we can

11. Jim1454

(*hug*)

(I'll leave it at that. The bed buddy thing might creep people out.:icon_wink)

12. NickT

*Hug* ^^

13. First off, most cliché and least helpful advice ever: breathe.

Second, just give yourself some time to yourself. Sometimes when I'm really stressed and I feel like I'm about to lose it, I just have to sort of step away and take some space, whether it's just for a moment or maybe an hour or two of relaxing time.

And of course, like everyone has said, about saying no to people- remind yourself that it's impossible to say yes to everyone, and any sane person will understand that. They won't hold anything against you if you have to tell them no for whatever reason.

(*hug*)

14. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

oh god; my english sucks :frowning2:!!! what i meant earlier was that every one is tired of writing them problems again and again; that's what i meant.
    hmm... nvm what i said right there; i started making no sense; anyway i hope your fine now ^^ (*hug*)

15. hannahhrosee