1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to do something good for myself....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BasketCase, Sep 22, 2009.

1. BasketCase

Next week I am hoping to take what will be an important step for me in sorting my life out.

I intend to take part in a kind of 'Support Group' which will consist of other gay guys and facilitators. I'm a little nervous but I am hoping that I will have the bit of courage to do this. I dont have any gay friends, that I know of, so this will both be something new and something positive.

Even if I only get one or two lasting friendships out of it, but hopefully more, I will have gone in the right direction. Its pretty hellish living the kind of isolated life I have allowed myself to do.

2. Paragon

Paragon Guest

I would be soooooo nervous too
    omg good luck
    in a way though im jealous you have that opportunity, I hope it goes well :slight_smile:

3. EM68

Good for you! It's always good to go out and meet people. In a group setting you can use it to get advise, support and vent. I love EC, but at some point you need to talk to people face to face. Have a good time. Good luck!

4. shorty

Good luck with it, I hope it goes great. I am about in that point in life as well, just that I haven't quite worked up the courage to go to a support group yet. Let us know how it goes.

5. certified Hotti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thats sounds amazing! good for you!
    i wish u all the luck in the world with that. Just remember to b urself and im sure everything will turn out great! and im sure ull find more than just one or two friends. :slight_smile:

6. Jim1454

That's awesome! I hope you have a great time.

7. werekid

i wish i could go to one you are so lucky

8. BasketCase

Thanks everyone.

I havent gone yet, but I really want to, and this time I think I will do something that will help me along in life. I'm really nervous about it, even though it is, for the most part, sitting around and talking. I said above that I dont have any gay friends but as far as I am aware I have talked to less than a handful of gay people too.

This will be somewhat out of my comfort zone, which is good, I really hope it goes well.

9. Jay D

Good for you! Hope it goes well.