1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help ....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jay D, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Jay D

OK, so I got dumped today. All well and good ... no reason given but none expected. Unfortunately I now feel like crap and I've had a really crap time with lots of self harming. I need help - I can't go on like this all my life ....

2. Rygirl

I think you need some serious TLC, You and Ben were so tight, did it just go bad? why don't you call me instead of cutting yourself? See if you can go stay with a friend for a few days or something, find things that you enjoy to help you, like your music, we've got KSO and KSYB coming up.
    *Huggs*
    We're all here

3. Jim1454

You really need to find another outlet for your negative emotions other than self harm. It becomes a problem in itself, and doing it creates more negative emotions. Work on other coping mechanisms - like spending time with friends or writing in a journal. Write about your urges to self harm as well. Putting them on paper and reflecting on them outside of your own head sometimes gives you more perspective and you see those thoughts in a different light.

4. Jay D

Me and Ben weren't that tight ... we didn't even see each other after Northbourne (the place we met) finished. I'm just trying to cope with a mad and depressing week - Monday: get told my house want me to stop being Vice Captain.
    Tuesday: Ben says he might dump me.
    Wednesday: Ben dumps me.
    Thursday: Get kicked off my Philosophy and Ethics course due to my failing it.
    Friday: .... probably get something bad happening. My life sucks!

But I am grateful for all suggestions - I will try the whole "write-it-down" thing.

5. acorn7

I'm sorry you're having a tought time... The good thing is it can only go up from here. Try to find comfort in things you like or express your frustration in another way than harming youself. Feel better soon (*hug*)

6. Jay D

Thanks to all who've replied to the thread ... it's been amazing to see your support.

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're young. You've still got plenty of love to give. I've been single for 5 years now, and i can tell you, there's nothing wrong with a little solitude!

now you can spend some time getting to love yourself a little more instead =) (i mean that in the non-sexual way)

8. werekid

you just need a day to your self so you can relax go on youtube and listen to Enya she make some music that can make the most stressed out person to relax

9. dude99

dude99 Guest

(*hug*)Sorry to feel the way you feel. Perhaps you can always contact a counselling phone line. I am sure your life will get better soon.