1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I may have f***ed up

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by musicXowl, Sep 23, 2009.

1. musicXowl

Yes, it's me again. With pretty much the same problem only the opposite.
    I posted a thread on her last week or so wondering if i should break up with my girlfriend, whos in college, or not. Well, we broke up...on saturday...and I'm not happy. And she's REALLY not happy. which worries me. At first I thought I did the right thing, but now I feel like maybe i made a mistake. I'm still soo in love with her, and she still loves me. I thought maybe it would be easier and that we could move on, but I've never been so depressed in my life. I want to be with her, I don't want to be with anyone else. And the thought of someone else touching her drives me crazy. But then if we do get back together its back to the whole long distance relationship.
    I'm more confused than I was before. I realllyyy want to be with her, but i don't know if its the right thing to do.

2. Maggi

i think you should follow your heart, and do what makes you happy. if that means getting back together with her, do it. some long distance relationships work, so i think you should give it a try. i hope everything works out in the end :slight_smile:

3. From what I gather you are still friends and talking, which is actually nice IMO. 3 hours is a considerable distance for a relationship, but not impossible, especially if you both have cars and some extra money. What is it that makes you believe you should move on, more specifically? And yes trying to move on from your first love is tough, even when you have a reason.
    Do you think that in a few years (when you make a decision like go to college, move, etc) that you will be happy with her and that you could see yourself with her?
    I think that this relationship could work (with the given information) and I wish you the best (hug)

4. Eleanor Rigby

Things are up to you. But just to let you know, long distance relationships might work, if you want to make them work.
    I have been, and I know several people that have been in a long distance relationship. It's not easy all the time, but in the end, it can be successful.

5. Jay D

it's never easy in an LDR, but if you want it, go for it. If you guys still love each other get back together. Don't make the mistake I did of letting go of someone you love.

6. musicXowl

but she's my first real girlfriends so i don't know if i'm sctually truely in love with her or if i'm in love with her just because she's my first girlfriend.
    plus if we do get back together then i'll just go back to being miserable not being able to see her. So i feel like either way i lose.

7. tylerzane69

you need to look at the brighter side of the spectrum, you have her and you love each other, its hard to do a long distance relationship but if you believe that you can do it, you will do it. just make plans to see each other on certain days, save your money for gas and food. even if you dont have alot of money you can always take a midnight stroll under the stars. but if you keep looking at it like your losing then you will lose, think about it that you are winning cuz you still have her and that you will do what you have to, to make it work. good luck