1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I've Met this guy...but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Revan, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've met this guy from ### and we're I think meeting on Sunday, but there's a few things I'm kinda iffy about. Really just one...but yeah. It's his picture, it's basically of some hot bodybuilder guy and it just is one of those things that's really hard to believe. I mean he says he owns a lot of companies here in London (another suspicion) so like he's quite wealthy (I'm not a golddigger before you say it), and I mean I suppose he could actually do a photo shoot like that, but it just seems more like some random pic he got on the net...Just to be clear though, i'm meeting him at our local mall, so at least if he turns out to be fake, then at least I can just walk away...unless he's actually strong and then I might be screwed...but yeah. Also by meeting him at the mall, if he stands me up then obviously I can act like nothing happened. I'm not exactly asking for advice, if you want to give some you can, I'm just more wanting to kinda share what's on my mind right now.

2. BlasttheCloset

EC is good for that kind of thing. Best of luck, it sounds like you've done everything right, and let us know how it goes:thumbsup: (if you want to).

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The standard advice I give when the pics sound too good to be true is to ask for more pics. Best is to ask to see and talk to him on webcam. Second best is to ask him to take a picture that couldn't easily be faked... holding a can of soup while making a strange face or something. If there are a milliion excuses and delaying tactics, you have your answer.

I would probably give it a 90%+ chance the guy is a fake; it just sounds like BS between the owning companies and the pics. So if you want to make a trip to the mall on a 10% chance he's real, nothing really to lose except for some time. If it were me, I'd probably bring someone else along for extra safety. And if the guy is fake in any way, I'd just ditch him; if he's willing to lie about the pics, then he's willing to lie about almost everything else and you'll always be wondering whether he's telling you the truth. At least in my book, it simply isn't worth it.

But... best of luck! I am an optimist and so willing to believe in that 10% chance he's real. Definitely report back with an update :slight_smile:

4. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Chip. If something seems too good to be true, a lot of the time, it is!
    There probably aren't a lot of hot gay bodybuilder tycoons out there, so this guy might not be legit.

But there's little harm in meeting him in a public place, if you have someone with you, or at the very least knows where you're going. Just don't be surprised if you find out he's a totally different person in reality.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah for sure. Guess I'll have to wait to see, I kind of both hope a little that he is real, and that he isn't lol.

6. kizza111

Dont listen to them if you ask me. It looks like youve planned it out well, nothing dodgy would happen in the middle of a mall, so go for it and see what happens! Give it a shot and tell us how it goes

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The guy actually admitted he's an RCMP officer. Now it's not like I'd be arrested for meeting the guy in a mall right? I mean it's not like I would be getting naked in the mall, but still, would him being an RCMP mean anything to me?

8. shorty

I think I would be cancelling. He's already told you he owns multiple companies, and now he's a cop? Nope, wouldn't go.

9. hairdye

in an italian accent:

Post picture of dis Man. Stevie tell you if he's real, or a lunatic. Stevie will know.

idk why, i just felt like being italian for a moment.

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very good advice on more than one level.

For one thing, I suspect that the RCMP would take it very seriously if one of their officers were, even on his off time representing to people that he is a business tycoon with multiple endeavors. The RCMP prides itself on hiring the most professional, high quality people, and I just don't see someone that has worked hard enough to become an RCMP officer jeopardizing his career by making up these sorts of lies.

He is most likely not an RCMP officer either.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah thanks guys :slight_smile: I actually went to the mall to meet him twice, and both times he never showed up, and now I haven't heard from him since then. I guess that's all I can say. So unfortunately failed, but now onto better guys :grin: