1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been awhile ...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dare2bProud, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Dare2bProud

Its been awhile since I posted, life has just gotten in the way. There's been a lot of drama at work that a corporate HR director had to come in and hold round tables. I am very loyal to my managers and have worked really hard in my two years there. I have been given a lot of responsibility without the pay. Today, I walked into the back office to check in with them and got caught in the cross fire with them yelling at one another and bickering than telling each other to shut up since I was back there. Than one of them told me to "Go Away!" and the other one asked, "What I wanted ..." and I just said I came back to check in and say hi and she just gave me a dirty look and said "Hi." and I walked out of the office. It was just a weird and uncomfortable environment so I clocked out and drove home. I feel as if now I am getting blamed for participating in the round table when I told them I didn't want to and they encouraged me to. I have always been upfront with my managers about problems there and have always took it to them at their level. They have supported me with personal issues and the first job environment where I have worked where it was OK to be gay and they encourage me and try to make the environment comfortable. Not sure what to do right now .... I'll probably go in tomorrow (my day off) to talk with one of them ..... i just can't keep being blamed and disrespected.

Three weeks ago I sent off a video audition for a children's theatre tour, I want this tour really bad. There was a driving force behind me to get the video done in a timely manner and get it sent off. I have been excited and scared at the same time about it. Perhaps maybe God is showing me that where I currently am isn't where I need to be, but before I get confirmation about moving on with this new exciting venue I need to close somethings up. It would suck to not have a job for awhile ... always can find seasonal help for awhile I'm sure if needed, but than I don't want to be in tough spot where I end up having to tell HR the reason I walked out than I would be the guilty one than.

Life is still lonely, haven't met anyone ... not sure what I'm doing right or wrong. All my connections get disconnected. I keep going with the theory that I am not where God wants me to be and since I'm not there and I get easily attached perhaps I need to get detached from it all before I can truly be happy.

2. Jim1454

Try not to over react. Based on what you heard, are you sure you know what they were talking about? To me they could have been arguing about anything. It sounds like they think a lot of you, so I doubt very much that they're now against you.

Work can be stressful, especially when there are sensitive HR issues going on and head office people involved. Tempers flare, people sometimes yell. Try not to worry about it. If you were in trouble, they'd have dragged your ass into the back room, instead of asking you to leave when you went in.

Good luck with the acting gig!