1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you 'just be friends'?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KeithJ108, Sep 25, 2009.

1. KeithJ108

We never said we were going out but it was obvious we both liked each other and spent a lot of time together. There was one reason we both were unsure about how 'official' our relationship could get. After 8 months of knowing each other we were both mad about each other (and beginning to realise we both felt that way and there was no point fighting it). Very soon after I left for work, now after 16 months we're reunited.

He got a girlfriend, is happy and I can see that. We were together, drinking, a few nights ago and while we were reasonably sober he was talking to me and my friend about an ex-boyfriend who he was engaged too, he then said that the only 2 guys he's ever loved were the ex he was engaged too (who cheated on him) and then he just gave a weird look in my direction, followed by a mumble to finish the sentence. So when my friend leaves the room he says to me that if i haven't already guessed the other guy was me. I really wish he hadn't said that! So after giving that a minute to sink in I had to leave the room...he noticed so after my friend left we talked.

From that talk it sounds like he had a even harder time getting over me than i did him but I'm the one who's having a hard time just thinking of him as a friend. I think i really do have a good friend in him but I still want more. We carried on drinking and chatting and at one point he gave me a strange look and just randomly says "You're not going to make me cheat on my girlfriend". He had had a bit to drink by then but it was still strange. He has also told his girlfriend that if circumstances had of been different he would have been with me before he met her - that's a bit weird, right?

I'm surprised my feeling for him are so strong after so long but seeing him everyday now hard .. but i don't want to not see him.

and now he wants me to meet his gf...

:confused2: