1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you tell your female friends you're gay or atl east bi-sexual?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by J4m3sW, Sep 25, 2009.

1. J4m3sW

Every time I try to tell one of female friends, I end of not because even though I'm sure they'd be okay with it, I don't know that I would be okay with them knowing.

Any tips or hints on how to go about telling them?

2. littledinosaurs

Well you're the one who seems uncomfortable sharing, you just need to work up the nerve. If you are having trouble just outright saying it then try writing something and sending it that way once you hit send you can't take it back/back out?

But if you aren't comfortable sharing yet then wait a little and maybe it'll be easier in a few days/weeks/months.

3. Jay D

like littledinosaurs said, you just gotta do it. once it's done, it's done.

4. Gaetan

I don't know from experience yet, but I hear "I'm gay" works wonders.

5. Jim1454

^ Yup. Just tell it like it is.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that, then you're not ready. You'll know when you're ready. You'll know because NOT telling them will become more uncomfortable than telling them. Until then, don't sweat it.

6. matty123

tbh i've so far mainly only told friends that are girls, idk why especially as most of my friends are guys, but thet have all bin really understanding, i think girls are also more mature about sexuality and don't think of it as being such a big deal as sum guys do, plus a lot of girls like gay guys, or the idea of having a gay friend, so i really wouldn't worry about it, u just need to do it, like ripping a band aid off, except it doesn't hurt, and the feeling you get after is more rewarding and fulfilling. so yeh good luck :slight_smile: