1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any help guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Aug 4, 2007.

1. hoping

im going to introduce this guy i really like to my mum, but there is a problem when i told her im gay she wont believe me so i was wondering are there any right words i could say when im introducing my bf to my mum.

2. justjoshoh

I'd say, "Mom this is _______, he is my boyfriend. _______ this is my mom." Remember, there are stages of acceptance, including accepting. At some point, she will move past denying it (as she did when you came out) to acceptance. Just keep being honest and upfront about yourself through the entire process.

3. CrimsonThunder

Omg that would be scary.... GOOD LUCK!

4. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    u know families go through a hell of a lot sometimes, and the bond that holds families together is very strong, regardless of attitude or upsets or whatever is thrown in the path.

what is the worst thing that could happen ? i am sure that what you are thinking of is not as bad as some of the things that occur in life - newspaper headlines scream of it!

give you mum a bit of credit for being adult, mature, etc etc, and a chance to express herself. u wont know till u give it a go.

good luck