1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when is the right time?! is there one?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by niceconfusedguy, Sep 29, 2009.

1. niceconfusedguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    okay so recenly ive been doing a ton of thinking.

i have went from convincing myself that i like girls for years...to realizing and accepting that i have always been attracted to guys. while this is becoming easier and easier to realize in my head...i am still in the closet and dont know what to do.

i have been "crushing" (something i havent really done in years, because of my denial) on these two guys lately and its like i dont want to waste more time when i could possibly be happy and have the kind of relationship ive been wanting for so long. herein lies the problem--once you tell people...theres no undo button yanno?

how do i know its the right time to come out? its like getting to the point where my friends pointing out that im straight in front of a guy i have a thing for...makes me annoyed because i feel like its hurting my chances. ugh i am lost!

2. RaeofLite

Maybe tell people you're "queer"? Which basically means you fall somewhere in the middle, and have the freedom of liking both sexes when you may feel sexually fluid in time. :slight_smile:

You know it's the right time to come out, when you're basically banging on the closet door, crying yourself to sleep or just ready to find out who your true friends are. (Ok that last part was supposed to be funny but sounds lame now that I look at it...) Anyway. Come out on your own terms if you can help it. Queer or bisexual is a good label for people who are sexually fluid at times.

3. niceconfusedguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

also i should add there is a strange situation i am dealing with, since the two boys i like right now are friends and it is likely that if i choose one i will loose my chance at the other (mainly because i heard they have hooked up). and i think it would be easier to talk to the one i am less (but still sufficiently) attracted to, because i know him better, see him more, and am far closer to him friendship wise. where as the other i abs infatuated with his appearance, but dont know his personality.

its tricky...cuz i think i could only pick one (considering either of them even like me back). i should mention they are both attractive, one is just a bit more than the other--even though both are my "type"

4. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your profile says you are a bisexual. The content of your post implies you are gay. So I take it as though you are a bisexual, however leaning towards gay?

'When is the right time' is something for you to decide. If homosexuality is a criminal offense in the place where you live,and/or most importantly, if homosexuality is frowned upon amongst the people you stay with, then it is advisable to not come out immediately, if that poses a threat to your existence. Granted that staying in the closet is a real difficult job, but it's definitely preferable over being beaten up and left to die in the street.

If, on the other hand, you live in a place where homosexuality is not a criminal offense, where you are sure people will not look down at you for your sexuality, and where your sexuality will be of no importance to anyone around, then coming out is advisable.

Cannot be judging your position with such little information.