1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do parents care?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tylerzane69, Oct 1, 2009.

1. tylerzane69

since i came out it seems like my relationship with my mom has dwindled to nothing almost and it kills me to know that bond is broken. i have tried so hard to get it back, but everytime i turn around she has no problem helping my sister with what ever she needs but she doesnt show me the same sympathy or courtesy. and when i mention anything about how i feel she thinks im giving her a guilt trip and finally says that she will see what she can do, then ends up giving me the guilt trip because she shouldnt have to help a grown man who should be supporting himself, btw my sister is older than me, and before my grandma passed away my mom was constantly asking her for help. i just feel that i am not the son she wants and therefore has cast me aside. do parents really care or can they give up too?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yes, parents care. She may not know that she's hurting you. Sounds like you need to tell her! Don't let irrational thoughts get in the way of sharing with your mother what is really bothering you. She may think you don't need her anymore.

3. Just Adam

i dont know on this too, you just seem to stop mattering to them it becomes if they see you they see you if they dont then meh.