1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex-gf drama of a gay guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by joss22, Oct 1, 2009.

1. joss22

Alright, so I had a facebook chat which has now put me into somewhat of a hard place. It was from the guy who is dating my ex-girlfriend (yeah, you can guess why I broke up with her). He and I are kind of friends by association, though obssesses over me, and well, I kind of ignore him ever since he started to go out with the girl. You see, when I broke up with her it got messy because I was EXTREMELY paranoid about coming out of the closet (which I didn't in the end). To put it in simple terms we stopped talking to each other altogether, even though I knew that she still had feelings for me...we have just barely gotten back to small snippets of conversation, and it is very apparent that I am the one who doesn't want to talk, not her...

Well, today I got a facebook message from the guy saying that he wanted to talk to me earlier (at a bake sale we were both at), but he never got the chance. He said that he wanted some advice from me, and that I should know who it was about (my ex if you didn't pick up on that). In simple terms he says that she was extremely happy when she was with me, and that he wants my advice on how to be a better boyfriend (oh the irony). The problem is that I know he is right, that she was more elated back then, and I feel in debt to him in a way.

As I said I kind of ignored him even though he obsessed over me, you could say that I was passive aggressive but instead of being aggressive I was a passive jerk, though very subtly. He has been nothing but kind to me, and though he is a very 'in your face' sort of person he truly does value me as a friend. Even though I somewhat dread seeing them together (too much PDA), I would rather have them both happy than not, you know? He also said that he doesn't want her to get in between our friendship, which was a stab at me, but completely valid to say.

So this is where the problem comes in to play, I told him that I would talk to him about it tomorrow, and that I would clear up some stuff for him. And now I have no idea what to say...help :icon_sad: (sorry for the rambling on...I guess I just wanted to share this...)

2. Just Adam

well i would jsut get him to explain teh things he does with her where they go what they do how romantic is he does he send them random messages saying he loves her does he get her flowers...ok im sounding old but i like that sort of stuff...

you just need to find out what he does and then think of the thigns you did and give him advice... you may clone him into what she wants that you were...

BUT! it may of just been because it was you that she was so :grin:... and he might not change how she sees him but its worth a shot...

good luck :slight_smile:

3. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She's in no position in dating yet...