1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pteen, Oct 4, 2009.

1. pteen

how did you get your first boy friend.:kiss:

2. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're only 13. Don't worry about it! A lot of people don't get into relationships until adulthood.

3. Just Adam

well teh usual ways to get a guy would be internet, bars, through perople meeting people in mad random places.... but foreget all that your 13 ! you dont need to worry about a boyfriend...and i would look more at school and also teh hangout places where school kids go liek ehre we had teh bowling alley/arcade/pool/bar place... im suer there are such places you can go to ...if your out with mates go hang with tehm and you might see a guy checking you out etc...

but dont overly worry about these things yet just use these years to become truelly comfortable with yourself and open up more about your sexuality with family and friends and do as mucgh research on ...well everything so your prepared for in teh future when you do meet a guy :slight_smile:

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think 13 is a bit too young personally.

Find people with similar interests, hobbies, mutual friends, things like that. I'll give you a hint: The things we look to hard for are the things we never seem to find. :slight_smile: Just sit back and let them come to you. Don't go rushing around looking for a boyfriend just to have one; there is plenty of time for that later.

5. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

i met him at our schools gsa. we hooked up and he wanted to go out but i kinda shut it down. felt bad though, he was freaking obsessed. of course, its somewhat ironic that we met at a gay club... :/

6. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

For everyone who's saying that 13 is too young of an age for a relationship - you would be surprised how much our society is changing, only the other day while going for a walk did I see a couple that looked about 12 or 13 making out against the wall.

Although in the context of the gay community? I'd suggest waiting too. I didn't realize my sexuality until I was 14-15, and unless you're looking for someone older, I doubt any gay person your age would have come to realize what's happening to him and/or what his sexuality is yet, or be even close as to being ready to willingly come out.

It's just my two cents, but that's what I think.

7. Just Adam

its not jsut knowing your sexuality at that age which is hard enough its the maturity and understanding for the actual emotional and physical relationship thats hard at such a young age... i rmemeber peopel at that age they knew about relationships but were still naive to sex really and more importantly the emotions and responsibilities of a relationship.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thought I had posted in this topic but maybe that was in a dream lol. Anyway, I had relationships with girls as young as 11, and while obviously it was the wrong gender, it was still a relationship. So if you think 13 is young? Try 11 when one is still figuring out puberty, let alone homosexuality. I personally think Nick is lucky to know who he is so early, I didn't figure it out till 17 and boy that was fun.

Now in response to Nick's question, my first boyfriend was when I was 17 and he was 15. He was in a different city, but because he was my first, he was not only the most memorable but also the one who you can't help but give your heart to even from the very beginning because you can't help but feel that way in your very first real relationship. Sad thing was he at the time was sort of "emo" and broke up with me after a month and a half saying that "[he was] going through shit" and didn't want to drag me down with him. And while I appreciated his concern for me, I seriously to this day wish he had let me help him cuz I thought that's something boyfriends do for one another. But oh well, there's my story.

9. -Michael-

I met my first boyfriend in college, making me 16.
    We just knew each other at first, then eventually it developed into more.
    And my last 2 i met on the internet.
    But it's not as weird as that, we live in the same town and i knew people who knew them.

I think 13 is too young for a relationship.
    But we all know 13 year olds like to act mature in a relationship and they all want one.
    Of course you need to come out for this.
    And you need at least one person you know of to come out and then of course you have to like him and he has to like you.

Now i've made it seem like the chances are slim, but being honest...they are.
    Even if you were out and everyone knew, at 13 it's highly unlikely that anyone else is out or even sure of their sexuality.

Obviously i could be wrong, you may be interested in where people found their boyfriends and this may have nothing to do with you finding one.

Either way the trick is to just hang tight and be yourself.
    Going out looking for a boyfriend may indeed help you find one sooner,
    but in my experience when you're actively searching for a boyfriend the relationship is always a bit different. It's either pure sexual so all you do is make-out with no real conversation.
    Where-as if you meet a boy and thing gradually get better and better to the stage where you like him.
    Things tend to work out.
    Good things take time.