1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding love and my beard.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Plgrm43, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Plgrm43

Hello everyone! I have found myself in a dilemma and I was wondering what your thoughts are on it.

First of all, I have a beard, a pretty big beard. It's almost to my chest. I've had it for 5 years now and I really, really enjoy my beard. It is a part of who I am. I am attracted to men with beards and I love the feeling even of a guy with ######. Also, I have hair down to my waist (and it is some GREAT looking/feeling hair).

Second of all, it's only been a few years that I've realized I'm gay. I've never had a lover that's a man, but it's what I truly desire.

Third, I've had a sort of a personal womanizing going on. When I was with my female lovers, I was very dominate. Now, I realize I am very submissive with men. I want to be taken, I want to be "the woman." Furthermore, I've had a growing desire to cut my beard, even shave it all off. And leave my hair. This is my dilemma. It terrifies me.

It's all very scary, and I cannot even imagine cutting it off, but I'm wondering what you guys and gals are thinking? What kind of questions do you have? This is something I want to explore more so chatting about it will really help. Thanks!

2. dude99

dude99 Guest

well if you are uncomfortable on cutting all your beard off you can trim some of it off. Do what feels right for you mate.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Am I the only one who thought this was going to be a question about "I want to find a boyfriend, and a non-sexual female friend that will keep my friends from guessing I'm gay"? :slight_smile:

Have you tried digging a bit deeper on this? Why do you want to lose your beard? Do you feel it'll be another "emasculating/submissive" act? If so, why not hold on to it, and see if you can find a guy who will shave it off for you? :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Plgrm43

AH! Lex, I know. That's actually a kind of fantasy I have! But I haven't had much luck finding any guys. The only ones I've been close enough to possibly have had anything with have constantly commented on how they wish I would shave. So in a way I have a serious choice: cut my beard to get the man, or get the man to cut the beard. And it is certainly not clear to me which is the best choice.

Will it be emasculating? Absolutely, but that's kind of the point, right? I've been "too much man" for too long and it's about time I get a little emasculated. Which is what makes your point so poignant, about finding a guy who will shave it off. Because my beard has become so much a part of my own image as myself as "man", to shave/trim it means I need to do it in a healthy way, like your suggestion. If not, it may send me into a deep depression. Seriously, the thought of it is frightening.

This brings up another fact I didn't initially mention - my "fear" of being taken by a man, which is ultimately my real desire, is intimately linked with my fear of shaving my beard. And it makes perfect sense for the reasons mention so far. To imagine myself in front of a mirror with a pair of scissors, about to cut my beard has a hint of sexual arousal for me. It sounds very strange but once I made that connection between my beard and my sexuality, it was crystal clear.

Thoughts?

5. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

I'll be blatantly honest, I(And I'm sure others) find people with maintained facial hair very attractive. Clean shaven guys aren't a bad thing nor is it a drawback on appearance, but but it just depends on preferences between people(Which fluctuates alot). At the end of the day, it depends on what exactly you want and what you've prioritized in terms of importance - Is increasing your chance in attracting more guys more or less important than keeping the beard that you love? I suppose that's something that you would need to figure out and decide.

In any case, I'm sure that if you encounter a guy that you become romantically linked with, I'm sure he wouldn't be against the notion of cutting it for you and/or recommending how much you should shave it down to, that is if he's equally as serious about said relationship. Hell, even friends could do it.