1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kizza111, Oct 6, 2009.

1. kizza111

Ok, i've been posting quite a bit about coming out etc.

But today i almost came out to my best girl m8, i know shes really accepting because she's bicurious and wants a gay friend(!)

but i got scared and didnt do it at the last minute :bang: So i was wondering how you think i should do it? In person, text, or msn

But my feelings are
    In person-SCARY!
    Text-very impersonal, reaction harder to see and could show the text to other ppl i dont want to know
    Msn not as personal as in person, reaction not as good to see and could print the conversation to show other ppl i dont want to know.

sooooo which way? and any other general advice would be appreciated. Thank Youz x

2. Melissa

I would still go with in person. That's the best way to gauge the reaction. Plus, it may make it easier to come out to more people face-to-face later on. Also, don't entirely dismiss the possibility that she doesn't already suspect and perhaps she just wants to see if you'll tell her outright. Take my advice with a grain of salt though since I'm still in the closet myself. ^^; Best of luck to you, whichever you decide.

3. guacj

I agree that the in person route would be the best. One thing you could do is text her and let her know that you would like to get together because there is something that you would like to tell her. Don't worry from the way it sounds she will be more than accepting, and just let her know that this is something that your not ready to tell other people. She should respect that since she knows what position you are in. I am not all the way out nor am I out as gay. I told my friends that I am bi, because I felt that it would be a way to soften the blow of coming out. I am not say that is what you should do, but if you want to tell her then you should do that. It is a hard and seemingly scary thing to do, but it will make you feel a lot better in the end. Good luck and let us know how it goes!