1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush- same ol', same ol',- HELP!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RAJ Aladdin, Oct 6, 2009.

1. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

I have a crush on a guy in my University class who I suspect (SUSPECT being the operative word here) might (MIGHT being another operative word here) be gay or bi. His Facebook profile info says nothing about "interested in" which further leads me to believe he is gay or bi. I need advice and even your experiences with this type of situation if you ever had it before.

Ever gathered the guts to ask a guy out you "suspected" was gay? Did it work out as you had hoped? Turned out to be straight? Got a black eye? HELP!

:help:

2. Jim1454

You don't ask someone out on a date the first time you talk to them. That might happen in the movies or on TV, but that's not what people do in real life.

Instead, you strike up a conversation with them. Just about class at first. Then ask about other stuff in their life. See if you have any other interests. You might decide at that point that you no longer have a crush on the guy. He might talk about his girlfriend, and that will also answer your question. He might still come across as available, AND THEN you might suggest grabbing a coffee after class some time.

See if a friendship develops first. That's the best way. You want your boyfriend to be your best friend. It makes for the most amazing relationship.

3. Alex19

yea talk to him first then see what clues he gives u and work with it. also, u could subtly bring up gay topics and see how he reacts

4. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

Hmmm...how should I even approach him? He seems to distance himself from everyone in class. I crack jokes all the time and he seems unamused LOL. How do I even start a topic with him let alone approach him?

5. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All time best approach is to ask a question about an assignment, test, etc.

6. Jim1454

You sit next to him before class starts, turn to him, put out your hand, say hello, and introduce yourself. Then small talk about how his weekend was or how he did on the last quiz. Let us know how it goes.