1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why havent i done it?..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kizza111, Oct 7, 2009.

1. kizza111

Riiiiiiiiiiite guyz i post alot of threds but hey, i'm new im alowed to!

Ok as you may remember or may not, i am gay possibly bi but definaately leaning to boys, i have been thinking about coming out to one of my closest friends, she's bicurious herself and luvs gay ppl, wants a gay frend, thinks im gay and calls me her gay frend anyway! :L

So she would seem perfect to come out to right? But i havent.... and its confusing me, i know she would be fine with it so why cant i get the courage to do it? :tears:

2. EM68

Don't stress over coming out. The first coming out is the hardest. It gets easier over time. I know for me I first came out to people who I knew would be fine with it but I still was stressed. You will get to the point where you feel you can tell her. Remember coming out is not a race and no one but you can set a deadline. (*hug*)

3. Gaetan

I'm planning to come out to my best friend soon; I know he's accepting because he's gay himself. Yet, I'm still apprehensive to do it. It's going to take all the courage I have to say those two words.

What I plan to do is say it, but also have it written on a small piece of paper in my pocket. That way, if I can't say it I can just hand him the paper.

4. AllSmiles

I think it's important to remember that you're not in a hurry. You should do it in your own pace. :kiss:

5. AllSmiles

Sounds like a great idea to me (*hug*)

6. BasketCase

Its a really hard thing to do, though it shouldnt be, I am sure you will get there though:slight_smile:

7. guacj

The first person I came out to was awesome. I was actually one of the first people that he came out to also. He told me that he kind of suspected that I was, but wasn't sure. The support that I have gotten from him has been amazing and I am so glad that I told him. I only wish that I would have done it sooner. It was definitely hard, but don't fret. You know how she will react to it.

8. kizza111

ty u all so much guyz :grin:

and maybe i will do the idea with the bit of paper?

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember the first few people I told, they are the hardest; but it gets easier from there.

10. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Something like this has to be progressive, you can't rush yourself to come out to someone, it's not a race. It's perfectly natural to be reluctant about something that you're unsure the outcome may be(Even if you suspect that she may perfectly fine with it, and I'm sure she will be), but eventually you will know the right time to come out to her. Maybe tomorrow, maybe today, maybe next week, next month, next year. You know when you know, and I'm sure it'll turn out fine.

So don't bring yourself down if you feel that you can't do it, it's natural to have reluctancies about these things. it took me two whole years. Hopefully spending time at places like this will help facilitate the process.