1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysterious Encounters

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nicvcer, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

This post is a follow up from what I posted on this thread -
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28495

So, inspired by my post, I decided to write this girl a message on teh myspaces. This is out of character, since I prefer to do things face to face, but I felt a strong urge to do it anyways. I feel confident about what I wrote. I'm curious though, what would you guys think if someone were to write you out of the blue, after only meeting you once. It's kind of like that craigslist "missed connections" except I'm sending it directly to this girl. I really like this girl a lot, she has everything I could ever want. Do you think I went about it in the wrong way? Any feedback would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

2. matty123

well if she is definitely into final fantasy then you are on the money, apart from that it shows your interested but is also chatty and witty, so i hope it works and she replies :slight_smile:

3. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Thanks Matty! And yes she did reply, currently we're having a message war over final fantasy and other games! I'm pretty happy about this! I'm also expanding off of what she says so I can work my personality into it, instead of just talking about only the games, and she seems to be doing the same. It kind of worries me that she says she despises humanity, since I am human @@ But at least it gave me something to work with.

One thing bothers me though, and it has nothing to do with this girl. I've been wandering around this site shooting off the best advice I can think of for many of you, but when I ask for advice just this once I only get one reply (From Matty, who is furthermore dubbed Sir Matty of Awesomeness!). Just because I feel very confident in what I say doesn't mean I don't want, need your feedback or encouragement. C'mon guys and gals, this is a two-way street here! I know its a guy-girl complex but surely you can come up with something! :/

4. AllSmiles

I'd be happy that the person cares enough to write even though we had only met once. I see it as showing attention, not as being annoying

But that's just my opinion :slight_smile:

Whatever happens, good luck (*hug*)

5. Jim1454

I've never used Myspace. How lame is that? Are you sure you want advice from me?!? :confused:

What you wrote sounds good though. And apparently it didn't send her running for the hills. Good luck with things.