1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuck myspace.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChokiE, Oct 11, 2009.

1. ChokiE

Okay, seriously I hate myspace so much. I specifically listed that I am interested in friends and serious relationships. I have gotten more than twenty messages from guys ranging from 20-41 and they all want a one night stand. I put "not into one time hookups or older guys" right on the about me section on the first line. Still, non-stop I get "Hey, wanna come over to my place sometime?" or "God I'm so horny right now." and I'm still getting messages from guys that are like 30-odd years old. This shit is gay. I'm considering just canceling my myspace.

2. djt820

[​IMG]

3. Just Adam

ultimate epicness for the 90's batman...hamill ultimate joker \m/

4. ChokiE

lol, well it wasn't really advice but it cheered me up.

5. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Why dont you just make your myspace private? Dont they have that, you need to know my last name in order to message me thing?

6. ChokiE

Yeah but the point of my myspace was for me to make friends. Now it's kinda pointless to keep it.

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that made me lol VERY loudly

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's why I cancelled mine after about a month. :dry: I was flooded with dirty messages from strange girls who were only 15-17. I haven't had any other social networking accounts since.

9. RaRa

Myspace is like a Ghost town nowadays. You should make a Facebook it's like 10x better. :slight_smile:

#9 RaRa, Oct 11, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oddly, I get two types of unwelcome myspace messages.

* bands from Finland or New Zealand
    * spammy fake female accounts with "myspace won't let me post my GOOD photos!"

...and yes, my profile says "gay". Apparently, the spambots feel they're hot enough to get me a-hoppin' the fence.

Lex

11. ChokiE

lol, I actually haven't gotten any of those. I guess I should consider myself lucky. I get a bunch of crappy garage metal bands that think they're brutal. Most of them consist of angsty fourteen year olds.

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, Lord, yeah. My partner have a game called "Railroad Tracks or Brick Wall". When I get a new request, we look through the photos, and see if we see a picture taken on railroad tracks or against a brick wall first. (Alternate ones: abandoned warehouse and basement.)

Lex

13. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

People still use Myspace?

This is news to me. I thought everyone moved onto facebook.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm old. I dial it up on my rotary cell phone. :slight_smile:

Lex

15. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Perhaps you could change your display picture? That's what most guys look for when they are searching through millions of people.

16. Just Adam

there is nothign wrong with that bit lex! :slight_smile: fin bands are brilliant its like teh last home of proper rock and metal in the world where... people dont say rock and think of eh jonas brothers....AHH! sorry rage alert...stupid manufactured brats!

anyway finland WOOP! \M/ :music:

17. Cynic

Still doesn't mean to say that like every other country, it's full of teenagers thinking they can make the next metal anthem with their pirated copy of Logic Pro and a bunch of guitar samples.

But I digress.

18. Just Adam

wow chill..geez ok... first off .. metal anthem? o.k.... second not all teenagers pirate music. third, you dont create rock and metal with samples what the hell music you been listening too? forth... you can easilly get free samples and pro logic ok ..old but you can prob get versions of that or other sound manipulations software i know ive used them myself...

so please dont start being all every teenager is a music pirater and finland is bad for it or anywhere else then come out with loads of innacurate facts...its not nice.

#18 Just Adam, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  19. Cynic

I hate to burst your hypothetical bubble but you can pretty much make anything with samples these days. I could go and make jazz or avante-garde if I wanted to using samples alone, just a matter of layering and engineering. Might not sound too authentic, but whatever.

Oh well. I guess I was pretty peeved off when I wrote that. What I'm saying is that just because Finland is "teh[sic] last home of proper rock and metal in the world" (Which I don't necessarily completely agree with), doesn't make it any better than any other country with mediocre bands and bedroom producers trying to make it big (Although there are many which are incredibly good). Talent is variable, no matter where you are.

#19 Cynic, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  20. Just Adam

ok i conceed there are some good music scattered elsewhere i can think of a few bands in a few countrys but finland does have it very ..not traditional as such...but its more to teh roots of the music... cos so much rock i hear these days i jsut think thats just indie..and im like :frowning2:

and i know you can make anythign with samples i even said you can get them online...but nobody wanting proper instrumental would do that as you jsut need an instrument and a midi connector and hook it up to comp get some free software and record and control teh eq of teh input...not hard i could do it but i havent got neoguh for the midi atm. and i would go as far as to say 9/10 ths of music today is mediocre but thats my opinion .. as for bedroom producers im a big fan of that you dont need to be ina studio spending thousands and have abig record label behind you to make music...anyone can make music...