1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Mom, (please read me)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AliceEmpty, Oct 12, 2009.

1. AliceEmpty

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Alice here and I don't know where to put this question. But I am trying to write a book Called"Dear Mom," The following is what it is about and what I hope to accomplish by doing this:

The Book will be called Dear Mom, with a sub title under saying (parent or Garden). The book is meant to go out to the parents of all kids and young adults or even grandparents or just people that take care of kids. It is going to be a book of letters written by real teens and young adults. I want help from Organizations so that I can get the word out about the book and maybe get help in getting letters sent in from young adults and teens.

I don't want to use a name on the letters in the books for the fact it will give them your face not a outline of what people might be going threw that are like you. If your name is on it the parent of Garden might just say that it is not like my "put random kids name here". And thus that kid who might be very similar to you would get looked over. That is not to say I don't care about your problems I do. If you want to do this it is up to you but understand I still need this to be anonymous.

I would love to have Empty Closets be apart of it and all and any of you too but I want to get this set up with many organizations not just Empty Closets. I want all people who have ever thought or tired to commit suicide to write a letter telling people why but not telling who they are. (this will be so that mothers, fathers and anyone who is an authority figure in a teen or young adults life can look and understand without knowing names an throwing accusations.)

Once I get this book done I am going to try and work on ones to help teens and young adults understand why parents think the way they do. It will have two titles one for girls and one for boys. I might do another one for teens and young adults who don't view as either. But please if you have any information on this or any ideas please message me or somehow contact me.

(I would like the message if you do mail me to be listed as Dear Mom or like wise with no names attached unless you are part of an organization that wishes to help set the book off) I will not open any letters that look like spam so please help me make a book that can maybe open eyes and give moms, dads, and gardens sight to early warning signs that might be hidden under a smile.

(this below is a bit more information from what was above.)
    Okay I am sorry for the horrible grammar and many other things.

Parent or Garden = person who is an authority figure in your life

sorry if that is still not very clear but I tried. I am looking to you for lots of help.

Just a note this book is not going to be all about the LGBT community it is going to be about everyone who has ever thought about anything like suicide or tried it. This book will deal with why kids, teens, young adult up to the age 26 do things like the following:

Cut
    Drugs
    Crazy sex acts
    Depression
    How they deal with grief
    how they deal with Brake ups
    How they deal with peer pressure
    How they deal with Coming Out (asexual will also be in here too)
    How they deal with people
    How they deal with happiness
    How they deal with family
    Why they feel outside looking in
    Why they don't feel like they are understood
    What they do when they feel stressed
    What they do when they feel like the "Black Sheep"
    How they deal with being themselves
    And so and and so forth.

The question I want to ask is how would I go about getting the organizations help. I don't want money or anything like that I just want to be able to get letters from people who want to get their voices out to their moms and dads or anyone who watches over them.

What do I need to do?