1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might just die......

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NateDawg, Oct 12, 2009.

1. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ......before the week is over with. Tomorrow will be a week I have been dating and before then NO ONE, but the people i told knew I was Gay. Suddenly, everyone is finding out. Sure we're leaving a few hints here and there, but some of these poeple don't even KNOW ME who are asking me. lol. I've been writing up a letter with help from here and such and will be posting it soon for advice.

I just hoppe and pray I get it finished and to my mom before it's too late.

I think I'm finally ready for it to come out and be in the open, but at the same time I'm so terrified it's ridiculous.

Sry, had to vent.

*lets out a HUGE scream* lol.

To my other half- (None of this is your fault)

2. Kupo!

Kupo! Guest

awwww honey! youll be alright. i told you that you had me :grin:

3. Wow. I'm actually nervous for you! I hope you're able to talk to your mom before someone else does. Good luck! Message me if you need to vent some more. :slight_smile:

4. s5m1

The fear of coming out is much worse than the reality, in nearly every case. Once you say those words a few times, it is almost anticlimactic. If you are ready and don’t want your mom to hear it from someone else, take that step, sit down with her and just get it out. Life is really quite good once you do it and stop fearing that someone may find out.

5. dude99

dude99 Guest

(*hug*)
    well good luck and hope it works out well for you.

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For what it's worth, that is the feeling everyone has right before coming out!
    And being in love tends to bring out the hints, yeah. It's a feeling that's hard to contain :icon_wink

But it's largely an irrational fear. It feels like jumping off a cliff while having faith that this net that you only heard others tell you about is really there.

But you'll be allright! And I'm sure your mom will take it allright! Even if there might be some awkwardness, you'll feel a lot better after you've stopped hiding!

7. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Indeed. I will update my other thread about my coming out letter later this evening.