1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask a guy I know in my sports team out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dude99, Oct 12, 2009.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

Hi there
    there is this guy in my self defence class team and I see him there at least once a week. I dont talk to him much there. I never have hanged out with him away from there but have a crush on him. I only at this sports team for a few more weeks until I leave the area. I cant find him on facebook. I dont know if he is gay or what. I only can talk to him only where I see him in the self defence class. Anway any advice on how I should ask him out or let him know I am interested without being seen as being weird?

2. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you want to date him then you will have to ask him out.

But be prepare to get a no and a punch in the face if he's straight. (exaggerated a bit...maybe)

But talk to him about gay stuff, see his views, and then tell him you're gay first. Don't ask him out until you're out to him.

3. AllSmiles

Yeah, I think that's a good advice. I know it will be difficult, but see if you can say that you're gay and then say, that you think he's sweet or that you like him.

Good luck :kiss:

4. dude99

dude99 Guest

well its really difficult to discuss sexuality matters there. Anyway I just dont have a chance to talk to him much or others that go there much. Anyway I not out to anyone at that group yet. Anyway even if he is gay he could be closeted. He is one of the main reasons why I choose to go to this self defence group.

5. Jim1454

You might have to make it a point to stand near him in the class. Smile. Say hello.

Then when it's wrapping up, strike up a conversation about something. Maybe something in the news or something that was taught in that class. If that seems to go OK, ask him if he'd like to grab a coffee after class.

Most of us, if we're not attached, would welcome such an invitation. But he could very well say "sorry, my wife is waiting for me at home." Then you've got your answer.

6. kramer362

If you feel too pressured to ask him out so quickly you could chat him up about the the class some more, maybe see if he's planning on taking another course because you've been considering it. Just be friendly.

If you're comfortable and wanna just ask him out though, then just do it! Tell him he seems like a cool guy and ask if he'd wanna go out sometime. Even if he seems taken aback and says no he might secretly at least be flattered. :icon_wink

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're best idea would be to find out if he's gay first after you let him know he is too.