1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Monique_Massacre, Aug 7, 2007.

1. ok so im a les and my parents are seperated so my mom knows and dont care she is really supportive but my dad is really homophobic and i want to come out to him but i dont know how im sacred too im scared of what he will say and do i dont dont know what to do :tears: :bang: :confused: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

2. davo-man

Hey, welcome to the forum...Thats great that youve come out to ur mum and that shes really supportive...its a bugga about ur dad tho. Do u live with ur mum or dad or both(as in sometimes dads sometimes mums)?...if you live with both maybe after u come out to him, u should stay with ur mum for a while, just to lt him cool off and give him time to think about it. And maybe have a look at the sticky threads at the top of the Support and Advice section...that might also help a bit

Again, welcom to the forum, hope u enjoy it here

3. thanx for the advice i live with my mom most the time my dad lives 300 miles away so its not like it really matters but i want to tell in but i dont know how lol i only see him in the summer and over christmas break so not like i see him that mutch really but i still wanna tell him i want him to know but i dont want him to hate me :bang:

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Can you write him a letter and send him some information at the same time?

5. emerald

I was going to say to write him a letter, but Becky beat me.
    It's how I told my mom. I knew she wouldn't be thrilled so I figured a letter would let me say everything I had to and she'd have to hear it.
    So I'd write him a letter. And on the last day you're with him or so (the next time you're with him) I'd give it to him. That way if he reacts badly (though I hope he doesn't) you won't be with him. It'll also give him time to think about it and he can call you and talk about it. You'll also have some time to get used to him knowing, no matter how he takes it.
    Hope everything goes okay for ya hun!

6. thanx guys ill try a letter thats a good idea i never thought about that befor thanx