1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack2009, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay I made a thread earlier about a guy at work....

well I don't know, but he's going to make me the employee of the month (which comes with 25$), and I only been there a month and a half, while others (who are in higher positions) been there for months and months. And there's only 12 months.... and last month was the manager of the place. And I am just a bagger.

Plus one customer complain about me in front of him, which is the only 1 out of the 3 moments that he even can judge about me.

And I thought he was gay (he has the voice).

So do you think he likes me? Or I am going to far. Since there's no real reason why he would make me the employee of the month, and he's been talking about me to people that I do a good job....

2. AtomicCafe

I can't say much since there isn't much information. This doesn't scream "crush" out to me. How are you at your job? If you're the worst bagger of the place, then I'd say there's some outside influence, haha.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I'm inclined to think that you are making a bit too much out of it. There are different levels of 'liking.' Maybe he likes the way you do your job, or he thinks you are providing good customer service. Until you find out what his sexual orientation is (by talking to him) and he tells you that he likes you, I wouldn't read too much into it.

But I think you already have the answer as to why he put your name forward! :slight_smile:

4. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would say I am decent, definitely not the worse, but not the best since there's baggers who been there for 4 years with nothing. Plus I'm competing against cashiers (decades), and managers, deli, around 50 people who probably deserve it more than me.

It must be the law of attraction at work, since I said "He will like me" right after I got the gaydar hint. Then there's this guy I told myself that I want fired last week, this week he had a suspension of 3 days for coming in late. Then he had to tell this manager who ask him "He's doing a great job, isn't he"... he was forced to say so because I was right there.

And that guy who I told myself, to like me, probably mention me to that lady who ask the guy I don't like about me. Because now she's acting like I'm the best bagger ever.

Okay I don't believe in it that much, but I do it because I'm weird like that.
    ----
    Well it's just a job but I make up a ton of drama in my head without realizing it, it keeps it interesting.

5. Camman3

Maybe you're not giving yourself enough credit? So you're a recent addition - are you very useful? Proving you're a smooth, efficient worker? Sometimes efficient, promising employess that have good influences on other employees may be subject to getting the prize (I'm really stretching for straws here).

In any case - it's not a bad thing =)

If it really upsets you, maybe you should speak to him about it before he hands it to you: tell him that if it's a prank that it's is completely unecessary, not funny, and stressing; otherwise ask him to be bluntly honest in the reason for the award.

Good luck!