1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completely snapped on this kid today.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pasalacqua, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Pasalacqua

Ok, so, I do 'Tv Studio' at school, which is the 'class' that tapes the morning announcements and all that. So, I run the teleprompter, and this guy and my friend run the mixer. Keep in mind, my friend is gay.
    Guy that's back there with us doesn't know we are.

So, we're running through the announcements, and one for the GSA comes up, of which, my friend and I are in. So, the anchors are reading it, and we can here it in the back room where we are, they read it, it starts out as "The GSA-" and guy that's back there with us goes "should all die." And then he goes, haha, just kidding. But then he kept picking it apart how its all bull and that kind of shit, which he did that morning when we aired the announcements we previously recorded, and I ignored him then, but I just snapped on him when he did it again. I chewed him out, and I'm seriously surprised it didn't get picked up by the anchors mics. :|

He was completely oblivious to what he had said that set me off. -_-
    My friend said he didn't understand why I bitched at him.
    He put us both down, without realizing it, but still.
    You can think what you want, I don't care, just, keep your opinions to yourself, please.
    Especially when they could be seriously offensive like that.

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Good for you, you should have smacked a bit as well. No but seriously there is no excuse for saying things to put people down based on anything other then their personality. I think what you did was brave and to be frank, fricken awesome.

3. Pasalacqua

Aw, well, that makes me feel a bit better about the situation.

4. Gaetan

I would've done it too.

5. Greggers

I totally agree. You owe it to everyone in your GSA to stand up for it. If he says "The GSA should go die" no amount of just kidding or no offense is going to make it less offensive. It just makes me angry when people try to pass off clearly horrible things with a few words after or before. "I think you should go take a knife and cut your face off then roll down a hill and die. JUST KIDDING! NO OFFENSE! LAWL! JK JK <3 YOU!" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So good job. Nothing is worse than being a bystander, thats barely a step off being an enabler.

6. Pasalacqua

Well our GSA consists of two people, occasionally three. But. Even so. lol.

7. AtomicCafe

I would have beaten the crap out of that kid, quite honestly. I respect your self-control! It's one thing to say, "I hate the GSA," another to say it should die. That's just awful on so many levels. And him saying that so close to the recording? Imagine the morning announcements with that being whispered in the background! Homophobic idiots like him are the reason we need GSAs.

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eusa_clap Good for you! I would have done the same thing that you did. It's one thing if he feels that way, but to put his thoughts out there in such a rude and crass manner is just uncalled for. Good job on your part.

9. Zero Beat

:eusa_clap :thumbsup: I would have doen the same thing, maybe added a little slamming into the wall. But good job. :slight_smile:

10. x2x2x2x2y2

First off: schools really do all that?! I've only seen that stuff in like tv shows and movies. That's freakin awesome!

Secondly: good for u! It's hard to ignore people sometimes

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would have done the same thing. He was the one being a rude prick, I don't blame you at all for calling him out on it.

12. xequar

Good for you for standing up for yourself! And for not smashing his face into the audio board, lest suddenly you have tone going in and out as you smashed his face into the Mute for that source... :lol:

13. Paragon

Paragon Guest

14. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Hehe Keep snapping away. You might get to them yet. Pricks...

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're lucky you just snapped at him. I would of taken the chair I was sitting in and hit him upside the head. Yeah I'd be in big trouble, but I'd be happy I did it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone has a breaking point. If someone says something to/about you don't like you're perfectly in the right to let them know.

I'd had told him off too.