1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I...don't know what to do...I feel I'm going insane

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Revan, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I almost wanted to post this in the health and well-being because it's actually gotten almost that bad in some manner.

So basically I feel like I'm going insane. I'm not in a depression, but it's almost like I'm getting depressive thoughts for brief like 5-15 second interludes during the day but they sometimes happen 4-5 times a day. It's also the weirdest feeling....it's like I'll see something on tv and be like "i WISH I was there not here", or I'll see people happy and I'll think to myself "is that happy? how nice". Sometimes I have thoughts of like "how would so and so feel if they read a newspaper one day that I had gone clinically insane or saw me in the obituaries" but the thing is, I am NOT violent nor would I ever want to hurt someone. There's just so many things that feel like I'm going so unbelievably insane...but I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! I don't know if it's because of keeping my being gay from my parents, or if it's my autism, or something else...I just really don't know what I can do. Should I go see a psychologist, or a counselor or what should I do. I just don't want to go into a depression because of it. Don't worry I would never actually harm myself or harm someone, that is TOTALLY NOT me, nor is being depressed though I can't help but think that a depression could happen because with this much going on in my mind could drive me into a dark place.

Please people I really need some help...I mean just writing what I put down caused me to break down....so in other words... HELP

2. LostLurker

Not knowing the specifics of your situation, my only real suggestion is exercise and or something to keep you busy. It sounds like part of the problem for you is boredom, or that you have time to think about what you're missing out on right now. If it's not feasible to go for it yet (coming out, etc.) then keeping busy, finding an outlet would be your best bet.
    If you get what you need to get done every day, and have that one (or more than one) thing that takes you away from the cycle of thoughts, and can end the day slightly less aggravated/bummed out, then you'll be a bit better off. At least in my view.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone people? I could really use some help here. And Lurker, thanks for your advice but I don't think it's a case of not being busy enough..I don't want a distraction I just want the thoughts to go away.

4. LostLurker

Unless something immediate can be done, they won't. And keeping yourself busy or too tired to think about those things, will help you tough it out. But that's just what I think, could be wrong.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everybody has random thoughts like "I wish I was somewhere else" or even "I wonder how X would feel finding out that I died". The key thing is that they should in fact be random thoughts, and you can drift away from them to more upbeat things.

If you feel your thoughts are getting away from you more often than they should, then yeah - I'd say it might be time to call in for some help. Make an appointment with a counselor or psychiatrist.

Lex

6. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    listen to music?

that works for me, usually, or I eat...

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like Lex said everyone has these thoughts, some more the others, When I was younger I used to have all the time.

I think it's the brain's defense against things that you unhappy. When between the ages of 17 - 25 the world seems to be coming at you in all directions, or maybe I should say pulling you in all directions, everyone wants you to have everything figured out RIGHT NOW. That can make anyone want to escape.

The truth is: you don't have to have everything figured out by a certain time in your life.

I hope this helps, or just the fact that you're not the only one that feels this way.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it's just like, I'm stuck in Psychology because I promised my mom to get my bachelor's degree so I have a fall back. Though the reason for the fall back is because I really want to be an actor more than anything and yet I'm in this major that while I don't MIND the material because Psych is interesting, it's not what I want to do. Then I've got the still being in the closet with mom. My want to have a relationship but not being able to find a great guy. There's just so freaking much...

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you doing anything theatre-related while studying Psych?

Lex

10. Jim1454

Have you just diagnosed yourself? Or perhaps proposed your own solution?

If you're having random thoughts that you can't let go of, then it's time to talk to a professional. If you think these things in your life are causing so much stress that you're not able to focus, then it's perhaps time to see someone to try to deal with them.

But we all have these odd thoughts I think. But we let them pass without thinking about them again.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I'll make an appointment soon once I have time to go see someone.