1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think SHE knows

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pteen, Oct 20, 2009.

1. pteen

I think my mom knows or is getting a clue of my sexuality. I'm pretty sure she's seen my current desktop witch kind of gives it away. She also stares at me every now and then.
    If that is the case maybe my mom's getting soft. She normally would have said something by now. I also think she might know becuase she's signed me up for like 3 different ministries in the church. None of them are conversion ministries/classes but it just seems kind of strange.:confused:

And yes I did post a new thread a day ago but, this question didn't pop up until she said I was going to be in some compentry, electrical, etc. class. :kiss:

2. Just Adam

im not to sure what to say .... umm just tell her a) im gay b) i dont wanna go to churchy things.

thats about it..

3. matty123

what is your current desktop??and don't worry too much about it, she wont know for sure unless you tell her you are. and the other day me and mum were debating religion, she is religious whereas i'm agnostic/borderline atheist and i ended up completely ranting about the treatment of gay ppl by the church etc etc etc and so i think i gave a bit too much away, well she at least knows i'm very pro gay!

4. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello Nick
    Nice to meet you. I think you could spend an eternity going round in circles wondering if she thinks this or thinks that. The question you really want to ask yourself is if you want her to know. Are you ready to talk about your sexuality with her? If you arent quite ready yet then the next step is just to ask why she has organised all the church meetings. And if you are not comfortable with going to the meetings then just tell her that. The most important thing is communication I think....because none of us are mind readers!

5. Darkwing65

Maybe she knows but is in denial about it, and that's why she haven't said anything. Just a thought.
    Have you asked her about why she's signed you up for so many of those ministries?

6. biisme

Do you think your mom would react badly if she knew that you were gay? And, do you want her to know right now? Because, you talk about the possibility of her knowing...but, is it okay with you if she knows?

7. pteen

I do want her to know because I'll only tell you I'm gay if you ask at this point. If she knew I'd be completely out and I guess it would get a little more obvious but I'd be happier.:icon_sad: And yes I am very afraid of her reaction. I almost thought of telling her over the phone when ever I go to Arizona over the summer. Wich I might end up doing.(&&&)

8. guacj

Tell her in person when you do decide to tell her. Moms are usually pretty accepting, but your the only one that knows her. You could talk to her about gay topics that are in the media and things that are happening and see what her opinions are to see how she feels about gay people.

9. AllSmiles

I think you should tell her in person. I think it'll work out much better that way. And you'll probably be able to answer questions,that might come, more easily.

Conserning the ministries, as one of the others said, tell her that you're comfortable with it (if this is how you feel)

If you want her to know you're gay, then tell her. If you don't want her to know, then don't tell her - you won't be the first one, who has done that :grin:

But whatever you decide, good luck (*hug*)

If you want her to know, then tell her.

10. pteen

From every other time I've herd her comment on gay people on the news. She hates em.:icon_sad:

(&&&)