1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

health class.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ADTR fan, Oct 20, 2009.

1. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

sorry, i posted this in chitchat before realizing it belonged here :astonished:

so a few days ago in health class, we watched a video warning us of the dangers of AIDS/HIV. and most of all Magic Johnson stressed was that he was living proof not only gays and bisexuals get hiv/aids. now, our teacher also stressed this, so there would be less discrimination in our lives. sounds like a good guy, right?

well today, he gave us a sheet with things we needed to know for our next test. among these were AZT, HIV, casual contact and such. there were many and he had us circle the ones we "needed to know". we circled bisexual and homosexual, although we did not circle heterosexual even though it was on the list. i found this a bit biased, because for any kid who didn't pay attention to the crappy video, he would think that straight people can't get hiv/aids. am i jumping to conclusions? or should the teacher have been more aware?

2. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Everyone and anyone can get it. It really is biased its going to cause all sorts of issues with conflicting ideas.

3. EM68

I think that it is very irresponsible of the teacher not to include heterosexuals in the 'need to know' list. The fastest growing group of new HIV cases is in African American woman. Anyone can get it.

4. CrimsonThunder

I just took it as most people didn't circle it because they already know it, or because they know less about gay and bisexual sex than hetero sex... I could have taken it wrong though.