1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legal troubles

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beachboi92, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Beachboi92

ok i was going to post here in hopes someone knew what my mom/me could do about a little issue
    my parents are divorced but my dad will not provide my mom the dental insurance information despite the fact that he is required to according to the divorce agreement. However my mom does not have money to afford a lawyer. My mom was worried even if she did hed counter sue for her breaking the agreement as me and my brother are signed on as under duel custody however we are both over 16 and have been staying with my mom for over a year. I really dont want my teeth to rot so what the heck can we do.... i got in a big argument with him because he made an appt for me demanded he take me even though i had another appt scheduled plus my new possible BF was coming over that day. And when i mentioned i had read the agreement and new he was supposed to provide it to my mom he just went whatever and such. He then also claimed he had stepped up and had it put on the agreement that he was going to pay for my health insurance (which is actually something the court required him to do).....:help::help::help::help:

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a fellow child of divorcees I can relate. My father was supposed to provide insurance for all three of his children to my mother; he hasn’t done so in over 3 years. My mom has taken him to court several times, without results. He recently fled to North Carolina to remarry, but that’s irrelevant.

Has your mom tried speaking with the Domestic Relations department yet? In my state they handle the fine print of the divorce and all things relating to the children of divorced parents. If he is paying child support through the Domestic Relations department they should see to it that he provides minimum insurance. That’s how PA works anyway.

3. s5m1

Frederick County has a program for people who need to file court papers in family law cases but who cannot afford an attorney. Here is some information on it from the
    Maryland State Courts’ website:

Pro Se Litigants Clinic

The Pro Se Litigants Clinic has been available to the residents of Frederick County since April of 1997. The program is available to income eligible persons in need of legal assistance in family law matters. The clinic is located in the courthouse and is open once a week for eight hours. An interpreter for the hearing impaired is available. Feedback from citizens who have utilized the clinic has been positive. For information on time and location of the clinic call 301-694-1975.

She should call this number and ask for help.